• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Snowboarder confronted with shotgun.....

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I was only stating that the snowboarder said it was a shotgun. Someone asked about it being fake because it wasn't a shotgun, it was a rifle. Having grown up around a hunting family, I know the difference and I've exprienced people who aren't knowledgable that talk about one or the other out of reference.
I was stating ski bum got it wrong, it was a rifle not a shotgun, as a reason why it was not fake or rehearsed. If it was rehearsed, old dude would have told ski bum "Look you big dummy, stop call it a shotgun!".

I also wanted to show off and show everyone how much I know about guns, my Texas internet cred is starting to slip around here, so I needed to give it a little internet boost.

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
In many parts of the country, trespassing onto private property would normally be met with armed protection. I suspect this guy (landowner) is fed up with people encroaching onto his land, so decided to meet the violators while armed.

Signage would probably be a lower risk and more effective approach.
I do not disagree with that. I'm ok with anything old dude does as long as he stays within the confines of the law. If it is legal for him to sit on his property with a legal gun and tell people to stay off, I'm good with it.

One of those articles posted above says the road is public. If so, he over stepping his bounds stopping people there. I suspect old dude owns property next to the public road/pathway, looks like skim bum was not on it at first, probably was on old dudes property.

If you ski out of bounds, you need to know where you are going, and stay off private property.

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Snowboards are also like squirrels, you let them on to your property, and next thing you know they want to take over and think they own the place, they will be jumping off your roof, sliding off your picnic tables...

squirrel.gif

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I don't care if someone is trespassing, unless they are threatening you, your family, or your property, a gun is way out of line. Our former property was in the national forest and had a long cleared street to street driveway. People constantly thought it was a trail, or a road, and walked or drove off road motorcycles through it. We stopped them, politely informed them that it was private property, and called the police if they refused to accept our suggestion that they move on. We never brought either the rifle or the shotgun outside with us. I will say that one time someone "bumped" Bob with their Jeep and insisted Bob was in the wrong for standing in the way. The police disagreed. People end up in places they shouldn't by accident. The police need to have a serious conversation with the local with the gun.

Sponsor

Staff online