• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Utah Snowbird/alta In Mid-february: Seeking Advice

toddmanley

Booting up
Skier
I'm just at the beginning of pulling together a plan with ~4 other people to put a trip to Snowbird/Alta on our calendars for mid-February. I haven't been to Utah for skiing in ~20 years. It's likely that I'll sign up for the Mountain Collective pass to reap some benefits with tickets & lodging.

That being said, I don't know anything about lodging at either resort (nor the best way to get there from the airport). Any advice is welcome!

-Thanks, Todd

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
The great thing about Snow/Alta is proximity to the airport and SLC. If you're renting a car and don't mind staying at the bottom of the canyon, it's pretty cheap in that Best Western down by the mall. I think we paid like $79.night. HOwever, I've become spoilt and would probaby go on-hill nowadays. We didn't stay on the hill there so I have little info on that.

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Fly into SLC, shuttle to Alta, use MCP discount at Goldminers. It's a little more than renting a car and staying in town, but it's well worth it.
Ah, grasshopper, you have learned well

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I'm just at the beginning of pulling together a plan with ~4 other people to put a trip to Snowbird/Alta on our calendars for mid-February. I haven't been to Utah for skiing in ~20 years. It's likely that I'll sign up for the Mountain Collective pass to reap some benefits with tickets & lodging.

That being said, I don't know anything about lodging at either resort (nor the best way to get there from the airport). Any advice is welcome!

-Thanks, Todd

Stay on the hill. You will be glad if the area gets heavy snow overnight and they have to close the road up for avy control. Can you say powder day with just a few folks out for a few hours! That is worth the cost.

Sponsor

Staff online