• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Smith Vantage goggle compatibility

Sidewinder

Booting up
Skier
Hi All
I have last year’s Smith Vantage Mips helmet and my older Smith I/OS goggles. Looking to get a different set of goggles this season and there are some lens options from other companies, ie Oakley, that I’m interested in, so don’t want to limit choices to just Smith. That being said, I like the integration of my current set, and am wondering what brands of goggles others have found that fit well with this helmet.
Thanks for any suggestions

Rod MacDonald

Getting off the lift
Skier
Can't give specifics, but I have a Smith helmet and it fits well enough with the Oakley Line Miners I have. Bear in mind that IO/S are fairly small in comparison to most goggles these days. As ever, try on with the helmet first if you can.

Dos-Equis

Getting on the lift
Skier
In addition to Smith, I’ve tried Oakley and Anon with my vantage. Oakley was decent enough, and anon fit perfectly. Currently use an anon m4 and can’t say enough good things about it.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The options I've had from Revo have been great with a variety of helmets.
It's always interesting to me when a company not associated with a helmet can match so many helmet configurations.
When @Keys2Ski was out here she liked the same goggle I am using the Revo #6.
She looks sharp in this.
Edit: found a pic of her in her helmt and goggle combo
IMG_7227.jpeg

Henry

Out on the slopes
Skier
Side, I really suggest taking that helmet into a shop with a good assortment of goggles and see which is the best fit and optics for you. Your face is unique to you. Your eyes are unique to you. I also suggest that you do this at a ski area on a gray day. Ask to take several goggles to the window and see which highlights the diminished contrast the best for your eyesight. We're all different. A buddy likes his goggles (I forget the make & model) because he gets great vision downward, why he likes that, I can't guess, but he does. For example, Oakley goggles have earned a great reputation, but they don't work well for me. Smith is better for me, and Dragon is better yet. A rose lens is awful for me, and many really like it. In really dim dense clouds I need light yellow. That's me. You're you. Try before you buy. Paying full retail and getting what works best is a better bargain that getting a discount and not really liking what you got.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
In addition to Smith, I’ve tried Oakley and Anon with my vantage. Oakley was decent enough, and anon fit perfectly. Currently use an anon m4 and can’t say enough good things about it.
I didn't like the Smith Vantage fit with an older model Anon (I forget the name), purchased because I liked its MFI magnetically attached face mask option. It didn't have noticeable gapers gap but felt drafty and cold at the interface between goggle and helmet

Dos-Equis

Getting on the lift
Skier
I didn't like the Smith Vantage fit with an older model Anon (I forget the name), purchased because I liked its MFI magnetically attached face mask option. It didn't have noticeable gapers gap but felt drafty and cold at the interface between goggle and helmet
Interesting. Here’s my m4 under a large vantage. It was -15f that day and I felt like I had a perfect seal.

IMG_0780.jpeg

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Interesting. Here’s my m4 under a large vantage. It was -15f that day and I felt like I had a perfect seal.

View attachment 213368
Thanks, I too have a size large Vantage (Mips) helmet and would like to use all of the extra MFI face mask I purchased for the Anon's, (I always carry at 3 or 4 face mask to swap out as they get clammy, gross and uncomfortable) at some point I will pick up an M4 from a store with a good return policy and give it a try.

Keys2Ski

Short-n-Sweet
Skier
The options I've had from Revo have been great with a variety of helmets.
It's always interesting to me when a company not associated with a helmet can match so many helmet configurations.
When @Keys2Ski was out here she liked the same goggle I am using the Revo #6.
She looks sharp in this.
Edit: found a pic of her in her helmt and goggle combo
View attachment 213278
Not only did they fit the helmet, but the lens allowed me to see so much clearer than any other I’ve tried. I have iol with a blue light lens, so going with a dark lens removes my visual clarity. So for years I’ve only used clear or yellow lenses

PROLENS

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Oakley Flight Deck M, Line Miners, Giro Ella, Contour RS, and Anon M4S all work well. Suggesting the Anon M4S because you are using the I/O S. The Giro Contour RS and Ella are good choices as well. Good lenses available for both.
We have found that there are a lot of choices when fitting a goggle to the Smith Vantage helmet.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Yes, the M4 mix together with Vantage very well.

Sponsor

Staff online