• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Skiing with grandson brought me back....

capecodbeachfront

Too Cold to Golf!
Inactive
After nearly a 20 year layoff I returned to skiing last year as our grandson took up boarding. This year will be devoted to getting him into skiing. My daughter and I ski... it was time for our 10 year old grandson to leave the dark side and join us. I initally thought it would be like riding a bike. Not so, a lot has changed. First my age, still fit at nearly 75 but with a lot more caution. Last year I skied on old Rossignol CUT skis.... 177 cm, 104 tips, 66 waist, and 94 tails. This year I will be on used Rossignol Pursuit 200's 163cm .... 126 tips, 76 waist, 111 tails. Anxious to give them a try.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
After nearly a 20 year layoff I returned to skiing last year as our grandson took up boarding. This year will be devoted to getting him into skiing. My daughter and I ski... it was time for our 10 year old grandson to leave the dark side and join us. I initally thought it would be like riding a bike. Not so, a lot has changed. First my age, still fit at nearly 75 but with a lot more caution. Last year I skied on old Rossignol CUT skis.... 177 cm, 104 tips, 66 waist, and 94 tails. This year I will be on used Rossignol Pursuit 200's 163cm .... 126 tips, 76 waist, 111 tails. Anxious to give them a try.
Its great when kids get your juices flowing for something you once loved.

Although I don't understand your "too cold to golf" tag line under your name. ;)

TS
capecodbeachfront

capecodbeachfront

Too Cold to Golf!
Inactive
Even in the Northeast I manage to get in more than 100 plus rounds of golf.... the snow finally drives me off the course. Wish my skiing ability came close to my golf scores. Last year I was disappointed with my skiing.... it was NOT like riding a bike. This year I updated my equipment and have budgeted more $$$ and time for skiing.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Even in the Northeast I manage to get in more than 100 plus rounds of golf.... the snow finally drives me off the course. Wish my skiing ability came close to my golf scores. Last year I was disappointed with my skiing.... it was NOT like riding a bike. This year I updated my equipment and have budgeted more $$$ and time for skiing.
Take a lesson. I try to take a lesson once a year just to hone in some skills and get a lot out of it.
You'd be surprised how much you'll enjoy and get out of a lesson.

RE: Golf.
Have you gone down this rabbit hole yet?
Golf

Seahaven

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Who says you can't combine the two?
snow-golf-web-helmet.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online