• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ski Strap Recommendations - What are you using?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Why do people like the rubber? The Fischer race ones were just overly heavy and bulky.
I do prefer the foam ones over the rubber.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I've got old Pug straps with rubber separators and Ski Talk versions with neoprene.

The Pug straps are better. Not because of the rubber, but because retro is cool! :ogcool:

Last edited:
TS
J

Jeronimo

Out on the slopes
Skier
Why do people like the rubber? The Fischer race ones were just overly heavy and bulky.
Water intrusion. You can wipe them off and you don't have to worry about encouraging rust on your edges when you tie them down.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I looked at these and I know it says rubber separator, but I think rubber is used as a word to describe neoprene foam. Neoprene foam is a "rubber" in the high level sense of the word. I bought some skitalk straps from Phil and I recommend them. If I get get really picky, I question if the neoprene rubber is closed cell or open cell. The only negative I have noticed is some of my straps stay wet for a few days and the edges get a bit of rust under the strap. It might not be the strap absorbing the water, just water trapped between the strap and ski. I now remove straps when I get home, let all dry, and then put straps back on later. Problem solved. I will look at my various straps and see if I can tell anything about the "rubber" material and if it absorbs water.

Race Werks sells two different straps. A blue one and a red one. The product description is different. The blue specified rubber. The red one specified as foam.

1707264953369.png 1707264972987.png

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Voile strap FTW. You can also booster strap your boot if a buckle fails, tourniquet a femoral bleed or splint an injured grizzy's paw.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Voile strap FTW. You can also booster strap your boot if a buckle fails, tourniquet a femoral bleed or splint an injured grizzy's paw.

So you just torque the bases and edges against each other with no protective layer between?

1Turn2Many

Out on the slopes
Skier
The ski talk ones look great but Voile straps rock. Very secure, no need for anything between the bases. Lots of other uses. Not sure about the grizzly split use though.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Yes, Volle straps do not protect the bases.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online