• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ski comparison help (Renoun Endurance 98 vs Liberty Origin 96)

jre81

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Ski comparison help (Renoun Endurance 98 vs Liberty Origin 96)

I'm an advanced (not expert) skier who skis a combination of Rockies, PNW, and Midwest slopes. Enjoy groomers as well as trees and open bowls. I've been skiing Blizzard Rustler 10s (172cm) and have really enjoyed them as an all mountain (102mm underfoot) ski. They've now seen better days so I'm looking now to try something new.

I'd like a true all mountain ski with good edge hold for groomers, reasonable stability, but that's fairly maneuverable and has some float. I know that it's not possible to excel in all these categories, but I'd like decent performance in each of them insofar as that's possible! On the directional/aggressive vs playful/forgiving spectrum, id lean somewhat more toward the playful/forgiving side.

I'm 5'9, 130 lb, so while I don't want a noodle of a ski, and I value stability, a aomewhat lower swing weight probably makes some sense given my smaller size.

The two skis I've been most seriously considering are:

Renoun Endurance 98 (170cm): I like the idea that with VibeStop I'm getting good stability for weight. Seems like it checks most the boxes. Not sure how aggressive the tails are and how forgiving the ski is if one gets a bit centered or backseat.

Liberty Origin 96 (170 vs 176cm): seems like good combo of float, edge hold, and reasonable suspension. Not sure about build quality or where this ski maybe falters relative to the Renoun? Thoughts on the 170 vs 176 cm length given shorter effective edge??

Would appreciate any comparisons that you might make based on your experience or suggestions you might have to help me decide.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsor

Staff online