• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Skateboarder run over by truck

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
In college I used to grab the back of my friends motorcycle to get across campus in a hurry. We did it pretty much every day for a couple years and never got hassled by the cops for doing it. Same majors, took a lot of the same classes together. Also back when nobody got all up in arms about someone zipping down the campus service roads on a KZ1000.

Guess I'm lucky to never have gotten wrecked doing that. Helmet?? Heck NO!

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
In all my stupidity doing that behind a motorcycle I wouldn't have tried it behind a car or truck. Behind a cycle you can see the road immediately ahead of you. Behind a truck or car you could suddenly be hitting a giant pothole or other terrible road surface condition with zero warning because your view of the road is obstructed by the bigger vehicle.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
In college I used to grab the back of my friends motorcycle to get across campus in a hurry. We did it pretty much every day for a couple years and never got hassled by the cops for doing it. !

On inlines we used buses :) (Past tense only because I haven't been on the Friday night urban skate in a few years now). There is a particular parking spot within a National Park that all the buses try to use, but to get there they have to go down a semi-protected park road that is used by both cyclists and inline skaters as a flatland paceline training venue. The road is two lanes, except there are low-branched cherry, crabapple, and redbud trees on either side. So the buses have to straddle the center line to avoid the trees. Ofc, if they happen to be passing a group of skaters the group will split to either side - you can visualise what happens next.

Almost as much fun as spiral garage ramps.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online