• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Size for Head iRally?

musicmatters

Getting on the lift
Skier
I am looking at a pair of Head iRally, normally I would demo them, but there are some great off season sales now and I want to pick up a pair.

I’m 6’1” 185lbs. 43 years old, I get about 20-25 days a year in Utah. Intermediate-Advanced. I top out At speeds around 40-45mph, but feel good cruising sometimes also.

I have the Enforcer 93 in 177, and Enforcer 100 in 185.

I’m looking at the 170 for the iRally, I’m thinking that is the size for me, as the largest size they make is 177 and I tend to be one size back on what most manufacturers offer.

Am I on the right track?

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
I am looking at a pair of Head iRally, normally I would demo them, but there are some great off season sales now and I want to pick up a pair.

I’m 6’1” 185lbs. 43 years old, I get about 20-25 days a year in Utah. Intermediate-Advanced. I top out At speeds around 40-45mph, but feel good cruising sometimes also.

I have the Enforcer 93 in 177, and Enforcer 100 in 185.

I’m looking at the 170 for the iRally, I’m thinking that is the size for me, as the largest size they make is 177 and I tend to be one size back on what most manufacturers offer.

Am I on the right track?
Yes.
If 2nd longest length is your usual taste in skis, the Head i Rally should be no exception. I demoed last year's Head i Rally, and it seemed to follow the pattern for me (I also usually prefer the 2nd longest length).

Don'tfit

Putting on skis
Skier
I went thru the same decision process with the iTitan. 50+years old, 5'11" and 165lbs. I bought the 170cm length which was a huge mistake. I skied them twice this season out of over 60days. I wish I would have gone with the 177cm and I am not as tall or as young as you! Do some real soul searching as to Why you want that particular ski because it could very easily leave you wishing for an even more focused, high energy carver.

TS
musicmatters

musicmatters

Getting on the lift
Skier
Hmm...interesting

Well I bought a pair of 170 last night. We shall see how it goes come December

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hmm...interesting

Well I bought a pair of 170 last night. We shall see how it goes come December
Looking how you will have your quiver set up and what you are expecting from this ski, I believe you made the correct choice.

Sponsor

Staff online