• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Show us your old ski pics!

RobSN

Out on the slopes
Skier
Need to see the “I’ve fallen and can’t get up” aftermath.

Hospital Air
And the good news is here is the aftermath a few frames on, showing the steep bit that caused the air ... [Cyrus makes darned fine skis that help even a hacker like me ...]

1639453955655.png

RobSN

Out on the slopes
Skier
Ha! But I'll answer seriously - it's the Kulkea pack that @Philpug recommended with a hydra-pak and some sewing modifications to give one a useful backpack/hydration source that can carry some nibbles &/or lunch ...

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
I don’t think I’ve ever posted this on this forum before but if I have forgive my forgetfulness. This is probably my most favorite pic of myself ever. This was during the spring of 97. My buddy and I hitch hiked from Steamboat to Crested Butte for the closing free-skiing week. It took us around 36 hours to get there and we ate shrooms the whole way. That was freedom.
D48D5E0B-F0E3-4596-9E67-52D967D06B86.jpeg

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
More balls than brains or even skills back then honestly. I skied yesterday Rob. It was actually really good. The 1 to 4, Sunday afternoon shift is decent.

edit: I’m pretty certain I became a half inch shorter from that landing. I’m actually being serious and not joking.
How old were you when you did the jump?

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I don’t think I’ve ever posted this on this forum before but if I have forgive my forgetfulness. This is probably my most favorite pic of myself ever. This was during the spring of 97. My buddy and I hitch hiked from Steamboat to Crested Butte for the closing free-skiing week. It took us around 36 hours to get there and we ate shrooms the whole way. That was freedom. View attachment 151246
We're you eating shrooms when you went off the cliff?

James

Out There
Instructor
I don’t think I’ve ever posted this on this forum before but if I have forgive my forgetfulness. This is probably my most favorite pic of myself ever. This was during the spring of 97. My buddy and I hitch hiked from Steamboat to Crested Butte for the closing free-skiing week. It took us around 36 hours to get there and we ate shrooms the whole way. That was freedom. View attachment 151246
Was lying down in the road effective for hitch hiking? Maybe they thought you were dead?

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
Was lying down in the road effective for hitch hiking? Maybe they thought you were dead?
We would stand up when a car actually came by. Traffic was pretty darn sparse back then on a lot of roads. I was holding out my thumb for the photo.

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
One of my favorite hats then, if not my favorite in absolute terms. I am not American but I have been carrying (wearing) the american flag, or some stylization of it, one way or aother, for a long time (hats, socks, suspenders, belts, scarves, gogglesocks, Buffs, Tee Shirts, patches). Probably to do wit the fact that my uncle was shuttling back and forth form MN, and always taking home gifts for his nephew (me).

Sponsor

Staff online