• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
BTW, I think the use of "hobby" is probably down to your your translation into English,:eek: .....typically hobby means something less competitive....like gardening!
It could be this... actually probably is this :) With hobby I meant something that you don't do professionally, not something negative. Maybe it sounds different for me then it really sounds for someone who is native English speaker, but in my mind, hobby is something what you do for fun not as professional job, but certainly not in negative sense. I don't do gardening (cutting grass around the house doesn't count as that), but I consider myself as hobby cook (sort of same, non competitive thing just as gardening) and as hobby skier or mountain biker (maybe slightly more competitive then gardening in my case :D )

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Most members here know I have always remained objective and unbiased in my recommendations. I have also been fortunate enough to be able to fund the skis that work for me through a variety of sources. With 20+ pairs of race skis in the closet already, I had no need to switch brands (in fact would probably have cost me less not to switch!!). As I do in my professional life I try my hardest to maintain my integrity. I will not push or promote something just to make a sale unless I believe it is the correct option. One reason my professional clients keep coming back to me is they know I will always give them an honest answer and tell them what they need to hear, not just what they want to hear!! :eek:

However after testing Augment I was convinced that they work well for me and give me the opportunity to improve further. As someone who only started racing at 50, I will take advantage of every opportunity I can to be competitive - hobby or not!! :D.
For me, THIS is the biggest take away. I have complete confidence that @ScotsSkier will continue to supply unbiased reviews and feedback on every product he tests.

Snuckerpooks

Getting on the lift
Skier
Augment is an interesting brand. I got to ski the Master's GS in some gates last year with a 4 flex. I would have liked a little more grippy tip but a 4 flex gave me more than enough power out of each turn. I also got on a pair of 165 SL's when they were still under the name "Croc". It was an interesting ski but I found myself getting faster times on Atomics at the time.

As you say, even if you are an ambassador, people come to you for your honesty. But I am interested, how did you become an ambassador? Why did you choose to become an ambassador? And do you have any responsibilities as an ambassador?

Roundturns

Getting off the lift
Skier
Reading the posts, I can't help making this analogous to getting your golf clubs "fitted" . What works great for Tiger Woods likely isn't going to work for most of us and I realize Tiger Woods is not playing the clubs we can buy.
But having a shaft that matches your swing speed, launch needs etc. will only contribute to the golfer hitting the ball as well as our swing will allow us.

So the ability to tailor flex with the Augment skis will better match the skiers ability to bend the ski and maximize performance.

Makes sense to me but consider the source. I never raced and haven't broken 80 this year (lol)

Sponsor

Staff online