• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Salomon S/Force 9 : Any individual reviews out there?

bigpig

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Folks,

Looking at the S/Force 9 163's for east coast skiing. FWIW I'm 5'9, 140 lbs intermediate. But I can't find any reviews out there, even on this site. Any pointers? Cheers

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Folks,

Looking at the S/Force 9 163's for east coast skiing. FWIW I'm 5'9, 140 lbs intermediate. But I can't find any reviews out there, even on this site. Any pointers? Cheers
What skis are you currently on, including length? I just picked up a pair of S Force Fever (women's version, I believe fairly comparable to the 9s) and I bought them in a 163. I'm 5'5" 125 pounds and bought the 163 because I skied the 156 during ski testing last year and they felt too short. But, I'm used to skiing on a 165. For me personally, the Fevers are pretty darn easy to ski, with the wide shovel making them a lot more fun in soft stuff than you'd think, but the tails are fairly stout compared to what I'm used to. I did accidentally end up on a mogul run with them (I'm a very poor mogul skier) and found them fairly OK in that situation, except the tails did get caught up a few times.

I think Salomon has done a really great job with this line of skis, making them a great ski to improve skills on yet still a ton of fun for a more advanced skier. IMO what length you get depends on what length you're used to, how tight of turns you prefer, and what you want to get out of the ski.

TS
B

bigpig

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I jumped at a bargain Atomic Vantage 90 176cm and think they are too long for me, and probably a little wide for east coast.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I jumped at a bargain Atomic Vantage 90 176cm and think they are too long for me, and probably a little wide for east coast.
What were you skiing prior to those?

Sponsor

Staff online