• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Salomon QST 99 vs Lumen 99

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I demo'ed the Salomon QST 99 this past season and loved it. I've been monitoring this model online waiting for prices to drop, and noticed the Lumen 99 — the women's version — is consistently cheaper.

My question is: are the skis absolutely identical except for the top sheet? I prefer the QST's color scheme but I can live with the Lumen if it's the same under the hood.

Analisa

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I demo'ed the Salomon QST 99 this past season and loved it. I've been monitoring this model online waiting for prices to drop, and noticed the Lumen 99 — the women's version — is consistently cheaper.

My question is: are the skis absolutely identical except for the top sheet? I prefer the QST's color scheme but I can live with the Lumen if it's the same under the hood.

Same ski: In fact, if you eliminate the 118 from discussion the QST lines are identical across men’s and women’s lines. The 106 and 99 both use C/FX 3 and basalt, the 92 then drops basalt, then the 85 drops C/FX 3.

TS
Teppaz

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks, that’s really good to know.

Sponsor

Staff online