• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Salomon P80 Race Plate - sticker functional or not?

Simonsays

Booting up
Skier
Hi Guys, does anyone have experience of the Salomon P80 Race Plate, the one which sits on the flat topsheet race skis not the pre-drilled P80 on the skis with non flat topsheets. It's the one on their FIS race skis.

Do you know if what appears to be a glossy sticker with marketing blurb on it is actually a sticker to be removed or something functional to be retained and mounted directly into? I'm taking them to be drilled in a few weeks and wanted to be sure just in case the ski tech hasn't seen these before, they seem quite rare skis out here.

Picture here for clarity

Thanks

Salomon_P80_Plate.jpg

Betaracer

Atomic Race & Tech Rep, BC Region
Skier
Have you ran your fingers over the stickers? My gut feel is that they are drilled for bindings already. Would be X-Race or Icon pattern.

TS
S

Simonsays

Booting up
Skier
Betaracer you are completely right! After your post I checked again and I could feel what I was sure were several binding holes there so peeled it off and sure enough underneath it's pre drilled. Surprisingly thick sticky plastic for somethign that is just for marketing unless perhaps it's also designed to stop the hole pattern gettign pushed into the base of the ski above when transported to store. Thanks again.

Betaracer

Atomic Race & Tech Rep, BC Region
Skier
1668996045413.png

1668996118613.png

Upper ski has the Icon plate, Lower Ski has the X-Race plate. Compare the drill pattern to determine what binding you need.

Petrus

Getting on the lift
Skier
The P80 plate is only for X-Race bindings.
The plate on the Salomon ski in the first post is a P80, therefore 99.9% it mounts an X-Race binding.

The Icon bindings do not mount on P80 plates, the code for the plate is different and the plate is totally different, not just the holes.
DH GS and SL also have different plates for the Icon.

The new name for the P80 also appears to be P68

1669008833276.png

Sponsor

Staff online