• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Taylor Howe

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hey everyone,

After spending too much time trying to make a decision about these skis, I thought I would ask for a few more inputs...

I skied the Faction Dictator 3.0's this last season, and enjoyed them when I was really pushing it, but am looking for something that is a little more playful and forgiving. I really enjoy skiing trees and bumps, but also enjoy the inbounds hike to some steep chutes/bowls. I am wondering if the weight of the Enforcer 104s is something to consider in regard to tight trees and bumps, but in the same breath, are the Rustler's going to struggle in other areas because they are so light? And, are the Enforcer 100's going to feel more like a Bonafide/Dictator- like ski...?

Any thoughts are appreciated!

DocGKR

Stuck at work...
Skier
I've been using the Enforcer 115, 100, and 88's this year (Brahama, Bonafide, and Cochise were other options I considered). The Enforcer 100's are going to be more like a Bonafide than the Rustler 10. The Enforcer 104 is a bit softer than the Enforcer 100, perhaps more like a Rustler. If you want playful and light, then the Rustlers are likely the way to go; if you want a bit more power and ability to handle on-piste, than the Enforcers might be better. None of these ski's are anywhere near as aggressive as the Dictator's!

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
As @DocGKR said above, none of those skis are as stiff or directional as the Dictators. The Dictators aren’t heavy but with their stiff flex and more traditional binding mounts, they are not playful by any means.

The Rustler 10 is a light, fun ski but not the greatest in crud or at speed especially if you’re not a lighter weight skier. The Enforcer 100 is heavier but not as demanding as a Bonafide and much better through crud than the Rustler. E100 is not as playful as the Rustler but with it’s more forward mount it is still less directional than the Bonafide or Dictator.

The Enforcer 104 is like a damper, more stable Rustler 10 but it’s honestly just as forgiving and playful but with more backbone. Low swing weight in tight spots, incredibly fun in bumps and yet the best Enforcer through crud. It’s tail allows for very easy turn shape changes and still a very good carver on groomers.

SkiEssentials and BlisterGear have great reviews of the Enforcer 104 Free and describe it well.
I ski the 186cm 104 Free myself and I’m 6’2”/175 and it’s perfect for me.

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Good choice, I was going to jump in and also suggest the Enforce 104. I've skied all of those skis and would agree that the 104 is the better choice of ski for what you want to use it for. The weight is pretty minor when I skied them, I didn't really notice any sort drawback.

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
Would you recommend the Nordica 104 over the 110 for crud and some soft for a 6' 260# guy?

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Hey everyone,

After spending too much time trying to make a decision about these skis, I thought I would ask for a few more inputs...

I skied the Faction Dictator 3.0's this last season, and enjoyed them when I was really pushing it, but am looking for something that is a little more playful and forgiving. I really enjoy skiing trees and bumps, but also enjoy the inbounds hike to some steep chutes/bowls. I am wondering if the weight of the Enforcer 104s is something to consider in regard to tight trees and bumps, but in the same breath, are the Rustler's going to struggle in other areas because they are so light? And, are the Enforcer 100's going to feel more like a Bonafide/Dictator- like ski...?

Any thoughts are appreciated!

The Rustler 10's in 188cm are NOT soft noodly skis. They can rail and charge if you want to. They feel solid underfoot but are pretty easy to ski. They are not the stiffest or heaviest skis in the segment by any means but they are great skis.

Next in "Burliness" would be the Enforcer 100 in 185cm. It is still pretty easy to ski but feels a bit heavier and solid.

The Bonafide in 187cm is even more stout. Loves to charge but can handle slower speeds in tighter terrain if you can drive it. I am not a great skier by any means and found the Bonafide awesome.

I have no experience on the Enforcer 104's.

I did ski the Enforcer 110's 185cm and they are not the best ski to have in the bumps but were very good in the trees and powder.

I state the sizes because skis tend to change somewhat depending on the size. In some skis a certain size is MONEY and so so in others.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Would you recommend the Nordica 104 over the 110 for crud and some soft for a 6' 260# guy?

The 104 will be quicker edge to edge of course and even though it’s actually a bit heavier than the 110, it’s improved construction techniques decrease swing weight so I find it “skis” lighter but charges crud better. Flex is awesome(not too stiff or too soft) and very forgiving especially in bumps.

I’m 6’2”/175 and ski the 186cm length. For your size, you might consider the 191cm if you’re not always in tighter spaces and want better crud performance. 186cm is you do ski tighter trees and lots of bumps. What length are your current/previous skis for comparison?

If you haven’t seen the SkiEssentials video review on the Enforcer 104, watch it as they compare it to the 110.

Last edited:

David

Skier
The 104 will be quicker edge to edge of course and even though it’s actually a bit heavier than the 110, it’s improved construction techniques decrease swing weight so I find it “skis” lighter but charges crud better. Flex is awesome(not too stiff or too soft) and very forgiving especially in bumps.

I’m 6’2”/175 and ski the 186cm length. For your size, you might consider the 191cm if you’re not always in tighter spaces and want better crud performance. 186cm is you do ski tighter trees and lots of bumps. What length are your current/previous skis for comparison?

If you haven’t seen the SkiEssentials video review on the Enforcer 104, watch it as they compare it to the 110.

Thanks! I'm based in the midwest and my daily drivers are Stockli SR88 in a 186 and my hard snow carvers are Head SuperShape iRally in a 177. Looking for crud busters out west. Since powder disappears fast and crud lasts for days I'm focusing on crud. We don't get much deep snow in MI so the more help I can get the better!

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Thanks! I'm based in the midwest and my daily drivers are Stockli SR88 in a 186 and my hard snow carvers are Head SuperShape iRally in a 177. Looking for crud busters out west. Since powder disappears fast and crud lasts for days I'm focusing on crud. We don't get much deep snow in MI so the more help I can get the better!

The 104 would be perfect for you then. Find mine very good on soft groomers or through afternoon crud. Very easy to ski in all conditions. Ski in Ontario Canada and used them quite a bit this season especially in the Spring where they were a blast.

David

Skier
The 104 would be perfect for you then. Find mine very good on soft groomers or through afternoon crud. Very easy to ski in all conditions. Ski in Ontario Canada and used them quite a bit this season especially in the Spring where they were a blast.
Ski anything knee deep on them?

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Ski anything knee deep on them?

Not yet as I just got them early March when they were released them but had a couple of 6” days maybe on them which tracked out quickly and they were great. Have 116mm Moment Bibby’s for deeper days or REALLY heavy and tall crud busting.

For your size I’d maybe consider moving the mount a touch back(1-2cm) if you went with the 186cm to improve float and stability.

David

Skier
Not yet as I just got them early March when they were released them but had a couple of 6” days maybe on them which tracked out quickly and they were great. Have 116mm Moment Bibby’s for deeper days or REALLY heavy and tall crud busting.

For your size I’d maybe consider moving the mount a touch back(1-2cm) if you went with the 186cm to improve float and stability.
I've never skied a binding mounted back that I know of. What it do for the quickness? I'd assume it'd slow it down a bit. But with the raised tail wouldn't it ski shorter? I like the 191 for a bit more float if it'll be quick enough for trees & such.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
I've never skied a binding mounted back that I know of. What it do for the quickness? I'd assume it'd slow it down a bit. But with the raised tail wouldn't it ski shorter? I like the 191 for a bit more float if it'll be quick enough for trees & such.

Binding back it will “ski longer” and be more stable, binding forward will pivot quicker, be more playful and “ski shorter”. People in between sizes on freeride skis will sometimes more the longer length forward a bit(1 or 2cm) or more the shorter length back a bit.

I’ve got my 104 Free forward 2cm to make them feel more balanced in the air and pivot quicker. For your size, I’d favor the 191cm on the line as it will float and charge crud better.
Wasn’t sure if you were thinking 186cm and that’s why I mentioned moving back if you do.

David

Skier
Binding back it will “ski longer” and be more stable, binding forward will pivot quicker, be more playful and “ski shorter”. People in between sizes on freeride skis will sometimes more the longer length forward a bit(1 or 2cm) or more the shorter length back a bit.

I’ve got my 104 Free forward 2cm to make them feel more balanced in the air and pivot quicker. For your size, I’d favor the 191cm on the line as it will float and charge crud better.
Wasn’t sure if you were thinking 186cm and that’s why I mentioned moving back if you do.
Thanks. I keep going back and forth between them. With my weight I want longer but I want quicker for trees. That's why I was wondering if with the amount of tail rocker they'd ski shorter than with a flat tail. Being in the midwest demoing won't happen.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Thanks. I keep going back and forth between them. With my weight I want longer but I want quicker for trees. That's why I was wondering if with the amount of tail rocker they'd ski shorter than with a flat tail. Being in the midwest demoing won't happen.

Definitely ski shorter like any twin tip with tip/tail rocker. They pivot very well so I think you’d be fine with the longer length. I’m 175lbs and I’ve had several pairs of 191cm skis that didn’t ski trees as well as these do. Swing weight of the 104 Free is very good with their lighter weight tip/tails.

With heavy demo bindings either length wouldn’t feel as light on their feet compared to them with lighter weight, traditional bindings so a demo might not be as helpful in deciding as you might think. A nice lightweight binding like an Attack2 on the longer length should be perfect.

David

Skier
I definitely don't want demo bindings! I'm either going with the Attack or the Adrenaline. Thanks again for the real world info!

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January