• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado Relative Price of Lift Tickets

Dylan Dong

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hi,

Me and a group of friends are currently planning a trip this winter to the Colorado Rockies. Looking at lift tickets, we realized that there was a massive gap between the prices of lift tickets at our top two choices: Breckenridge and Copper Mountain. Right now, Copper Mountain is offering their Four Pack with a Bonus Day for $249. Breckenridge on the other hand is charging $456 for four days through the Epic Day Pass. The 4 Day Ticket through Breckenridge directly isn't any better at $580.

Is there a reason why Breckenridge is so much more expensive? It's larger for sure but from what I've read, it seems that Copper Mountain has shorter lines and better snow.

Thanks for your input!

New2

Out on the slopes
Skier
They have different pricing strategies. Vail (owner of Breck) makes day tickets expensive enough to push folks into a season pass. Copper's more interested in competing for single-trip business.
Breck's definitely got a better town. But Copper's only a few minutes away, and if you're not staying there in town, that doesn't mater too much. Different folks will definitely favor one mountain over the other, but broadly speaking you should be able to have fun at either one.

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The Epic day pass for $456 is unrestricted and includes a lot of resorts. Don't care about skiing holidays? You can drop it to $388 I believe. Why is it expensive? VR

I would double check the Copper deal as of tomorrow. It might still be a 5 pack for $249 just minus that 1 extra bonus ticket that was included for a family member or friend. Who knows maybe it will stay the same but that was Powder Daze pricing.

Better snow is subjective. Copper is a fun place to ski with good varied terrain and good snow.

Sponsor

Staff online