Rejuvenating Swix F4 paste

Discussion in 'Tuning Techniques and Tool Information' started by ted, Jan 29, 2019.

1. ted

ted Putting on skis Skier

I have a few tins of the above that are dried out. Can anyone recommend a solvent to rejuvenate them?
    For me it doesn't replace hot waxing but it sure is handy for fresh manmade snow that hasn't been rolled out yet.

2. cantunamunch

cantunamunch Meh Skier

Base cleaner. Not kidding. One of the fast dry types.

If you have a mortar and pestle, that would considerably lessen the amount of solvent you need.

Now, if you are up for something a bit different, use the solidified mass half and half with CH6. As a hot wax, yes. One drip line of F4 and one of CH6. Pretty nice mix for man-made, down to about 10F ambient.

3. Thread Starter
    TS
    ted

ted Putting on skis Skier

Thanks.
    Anyone else have ideas?

4. SpikeDog

SpikeDog You want Big Air, kid? Skier

I tried heating it up on the stove. It melted nicely, and I figured it would glide on smoothly. But the instant I touched the foam pad to the liquid wax, the foam disintegrated. Me being me, I still tried to smear it on. Bad idea, as it just left a lumpy streak that turned rock hard. I had to ski it off.

SO, not a great idea, but you can avoid a similar fate.