• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Recommendations for ski rental around Frisco, CO? Will be skiing Vail and Breck in a few weeks.

NoScoped

Booting up
Skier
Need to rent some skis in CO. We'll be staying in Frisco. Going to be skiing Vail and Breckenridge. Currently on skis with an 88 waist and am looking for something a bit bigger (~100-105) to see how I like them (thinking about picking up new skis for next season). Any recommendations? I'll be wearing my own boots.

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Second Racer's Edge. Really good on some brands, like Fischer, Dynastar, Head, Atomic and many race skis. A small place, and thus less inventory; but they make the most of their space, and these guys are tops at boots, general ski gear, and race and near race skis.

Last edited:

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
It also depends on what skis you want to demo. For Kastles, try Podium in Frisco. For Stocklis and often Blossoms, Gorsuch (in Vail, Avon and Keystone). For other near race skis or front side bias skis, try Precision on the main drag in Frisco. For widest selection otherwise, usually, try Christy's Sports in Dillon - a new, huge place in town, just off the main town road to Keystone/A Basin on the right (not the much smaller location at Copper Mtn, initially). If you use the Dillon Christy's, or one of their other locations first instead, you can also switch out same day for other top demo skis at any of their other, base of mountain locations, like the ones at Copper, Breck, Keystone, Vail and Avon. They can look up in seconds to find the location/store for any ski in their inventory.

Last edited:

Eric@ict

Out on the slopes
Skier
I’ve used a couple out there. When the kids were younger we used Christy’s. When my wife recently started skiing, we used Alpine Sports. Both were good and had no issues. I would give an edge to Alpine sports.

Sponsor

Staff online