• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Recommendations for advanced kids skis

TS
dovski

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
So my son is currently on race skis and because he is the youngest of 3 he has a lot to choose from as he grows. Mantra Jr sounds like a good compliment to his current setup. With all the POW we had this past season he really wants a fatter ski and at 86 underfoot the Mantra Jr should do the trick. kicking myself as a month back EVO had them on clearance for $119.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Well you have a few months to look on ebay. Shoudn't be too hard. I'm on the other side where I need to find some race type ski to complement the mantra jr.

TS
dovski

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Well you have a few months to look on ebay. Shoudn't be too hard. I'm on the other side where I need to find some race type ski to complement the mantra jr.
what size are you looking for? My garage is full of them. Head IRace, Fischer Superior/Superace and Rossignol FIS Hero multi event ski. All are great skis, full sidewall, wood core, real base that takes wax … etc :). Let me know if you have any questions. I am also going to be selling a pair of Fischer's with bindings that are 110 as my son outgrew them.

TahoeWarrior

Putting on skis
Skier
This is a pretty old post now, but how did everything work out?
My son is also pretty advanced and is entering his third season on a weekend ski team at Palisades Tahoe. They ski all over the mountain on and off, but coaching staff, highly recommends sticking with front side oriented, skis to encourage and fine-tune in the carving technique.
I’m now in the process of trying to find solid front side 120 cm skis for him….
Last year he had Fischer Rc4 Skis that Did great…. so I’m tempted to just get these exact skis in the next size.
But, Does anyone have experience on the atomic redster J2 or Volkl Deacon Jr; unsure what the head equivalent is? They very well could all be very on par with one another, but thought I’d check with the group here Open to ideas….

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online