• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Press Release: Nordica Introduces 2020-21 Santa Ana Women’s All-Mountain Ski Collection

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Nordica Introduces 2020-21 Santa Ana Women’s All Mountain Ski Collection Featuring Terrain Specific Metal Construction

Limited quantities of select models available now at select Nordica retailers

WEST LEBANON, N.H. – Jan. 21, 2020 – Nordica USA today announced details about its completely redesigned 2020-21 Santa Ana collection. The line embraces new constructions, shapes, and sizes, with the most notable innovation Nordica’s new Terrain Specific Metal (TSM), a layer of metal tuned specifically to each model.

“Since its inception, the Santa Ana line has been the go-to-choice for advanced to expert level women looking for best in class performance,” explains Sam Beck, Nordica USA’s director of marketing. “However, two sheets of metal with a full wood core can be a lot of ski for the everyday skier. The new line uses one layer of metal, the TSM layer, for that confident feeling, power, and edge grip that metal provides, combined with a new carbon re-enforced wood core to make them lighter, more forgiving, and even more fun to ski.”

pastedGraphic.png

The TSM layer extends to the edges of the tips and tails for stability, while in the body of the skis, the width of the TSM layer is varied to control the flex and edge hold tailored to each model in the line.

For example, on narrower models, such as the Santa Ana 88, the metal is closer to the edges in the body of the ski enhancing on-trail precision, power, and strength on firm snow. On the wider models, such as the Santa Ana 104 Free, the metal in the body is further away from the edges for a more playful and flexible ride making them easier to navigate in variable terrain and soft snow.

The new construction also includes a new lightweight carbon-reinforced wood core for a smooth ride, and Nordica’s True Tip Technology, which reduces the amount of heavy ABS plastic in the tip lowering swing weight and making all of the Santa Anas easy to maneuver.

Nordica also updated the size options on several of the new models, including the 104 Free, 98, and 93 to seven-centimeter increments, and an additional size in the 98 and 93. The new size options allow skiers to find just the right ski for them.

The new Santa Ana collection includes the 110 Free and 104 Free for soft snow free skiing, and the 98, 93, and 88 widths for mixed to firm all mountain skiing.

The 104 Free model is new to the line, and is based off the award-winning men’s Enforcer 104 Free, the Santa Ana 98 replaces the 100, and the Santa Ana 93 is completely redesigned with new shape and rocker profiles.

MSRPs range from $700 to $900. The Santa Ana 110 Free will be available this fall, with the rest of the line available now in limited quantities at select Nordica retailers.

For more information about the new Santa Ana collection, go to nordica.com

Last edited:
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Teaser!
I have been skiing on the Santa Ana 93 and 104 over the past two weeks and have an article coming soon.
07887967-E4A4-46B3-9E22-07B75A7EC65B.jpeg

Analisa

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Just here to give Nordica a round of applause for the huge improvements on graphics. I've always joked that they're like that relative who buys you American Girl merch well into your teen years because they haven't grasped that your tastes change with age. (I'm sure the skis are just as rad as ever, and I'm so glad that mid 100s spot is filled)

Can't wait to hear your thoughts!

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Just here to give Nordica a round of applause for the huge improvements on graphics. I've always joked that they're like that relative who buys you American Girl merch well into your teen years because they haven't grasped that your tastes change with age. (I'm sure the skis are just as rad as ever, and I'm so glad that mid 100s spot is filled)

Can't wait to hear your thoughts!
Lets just say, at one point, while skiing moguls and trees at Mt Rose last week, @Andy Mink commented that my confidence level seemed to amp up about 10 notches.

Jtlange

Getting off the lift
Skier
Very cool. Love the graphic of the 104. Skiing the Enforcer 104 this year has been really fun. Glad the women get a shot at it now.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I think the reduction to a single layer of metal will please a lot of lighter skiers.

Gonna be some great womens cage matches coming up with Nordica and Blizzard both changing things up a bit.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I think the reduction to a single layer of metal will please a lot of lighter skiers.

Gonna be some great womens cage matches coming up with Nordica and Blizzard both changing things up a bit.
:wave:
SO excited to try these. The previous version was just too much ski for me. The new length appeals to me, too.

EmperorMA

Putting on skis
Skier
In the wild.

Attachments

• AF300105-DCBF-44F3-91E6-51D56A57958D.jpeg
    AF300105-DCBF-44F3-91E6-51D56A57958D.jpeg
    140 KB · Views: 30
  • 891A4B5E-2F09-408B-A55E-F8C3EA3003B6.jpeg
    891A4B5E-2F09-408B-A55E-F8C3EA3003B6.jpeg
    133.7 KB · Views: 30

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Can't wait to read your article @Tricia

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Blister is getting a couple testers on these soon. Between @Tricia and them, we should have some excellent early reports.

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
As someone that has owned both previous versions (and loved them both for very different reasons), I'm intrigued...but skeptical too.

Nancy Hummel

Ski more, talk less.
Instructor
SkiTalk Supporter
I loved the Nordica Nemesis and Helle’s Belles. Not so much of a fan of current Santa Ana’s. These should be fun to try.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I loved the Nordica Nemesis and Helle’s Belles. Not so much of a fan of current Santa Ana’s. These should be fun to try.
Knowing those skis and their male counterparts and knowing that you are not a fan of the current Santa Ana's....I still don't think these will be the skis you are looking for. :(

laine

I ski like a girl. Fast.
Skier
Had the Nordica Nemesis and the previous version SA100 (pre-metal). I've kept the Nemesis as my rock skis and I've been eyeing new skis this season to replace my SA100s - I need some metal. They're a bit too chattery at times. I was thinking I'd replace them this season, but with so many new skis coming out next year, I think I have to wait! I want to demo too many new skis coming out!

Definitely looking forward to the reports on the SA93 and 98!

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Had the Nordica Nemesis and the previous version SA100 (pre-metal). I've kept the Nemesis as my rock skis and I've been eyeing new skis this season to replace my SA100s - I need some metal. They're a bit too chattery at times. I was thinking I'd replace them this season, but with so many new skis coming out next year, I think I have to wait! I want to demo too many new skis coming out!

Definitely looking forward to the reports on the SA93 and 98!
I have the same ski. It is a hoot in untracked powder, then they are just too light, so my experience echos yours. The current iteration of the 100 was TOO much for me, so I'm also hopeful that the 2021 version, which sounds like a combo of the two, is Goldilocks. :ogbiggrin:

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I was thinking I'd replace them this season, but with so many new skis coming out next year, I think I have to wait! I want to demo too many new skis coming out!

And this is the reason local ski shops hate manufacturers putting info out so early...**huge sigh**

This is not meant to be a jab at @laine by any means...just a statement about the industry. It's amazing how we're only about 1/2 way through the season and this years gear is old news.

laine

I ski like a girl. Fast.
Skier
And this is the reason local ski shops hate manufacturers putting info out so early...**huge sigh**

This is not meant to be a jab at @laine by any means...just a statement about the industry. It's amazing how we're only about 1/2 way through the season and this years gear is old news.

I know, but there are current skis on my list to consider - and I will demo those this season. So it's more deferring for a year, but still casting a wide net, since a few of the skis on my list are being updated in a way that appeals to me. On the flip side - my current non-metal SA100s - I heard they were coming out with new ones with two sheets of metal and I rushed to by the last season of these without it. So it can work both ways.

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

I too loved the Nemesis and am currently enjoying my Wildfires. So I am very interested in hearing about these new Nordica skis.

Sponsor

Staff online