• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

President's Day Trip

Mike King

AKA Habacomike
Instructor
I’m teaching at Snowmass at the moment. We only need a storm or two to build the base on our natural terrain. I think it’s a pretty safe bet that that will happen — Joel Gratz is forecasting a return of stormy weather around January 5.

Aspen Mountain has top to bottom skiing and some of the off-piste is open, although there is a lot of mineral matter to be avoided. Highlands is a bit of a mixed bag. We just need a couple of storms and everything will be right with the world.

With Challenge Aspen and the airport, as well as activities for folk who may decide not to ski, why not here?

TS
A

amybd

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I’m teaching at Snowmass at the moment. We only need a storm or two to build the base on our natural terrain. I think it’s a pretty safe bet that that will happen — Joel Gratz is forecasting a return of stormy weather around January 5.

Aspen Mountain has top to bottom skiing and some of the off-piste is open, although there is a lot of mineral matter to be avoided. Highlands is a bit of a mixed bag. We just need a couple of storms and everything will be right with the world.

With Challenge Aspen and the airport, as well as activities for folk who may decide not to ski, why not here?

I hope you get the storms! We took the plunge and booked our tickets last night. I'll keep my fingers crossed about the snow.

Maybe Vail has more flights to other airports? They only have one non-stop from LAX and it has never been a convenient time. Aspen now has 6 non-stops/day from LAX, including an evening flight, so much more convenient if that happens to be where you are coming from. I do always worry about diversion, and I'm always thrilled when we land and I look out the window and am not in Grand Junction.

TS
A

amybd

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Well, Snowmass delivered in a big way in the snow department with 51 inches in the 5 days before we arrived. It is pretty fantastic here.

Not doing as well in the convenience department though as we got diverted to Grand Junction for our flight here (still arrived only barely after midnight since I had anticipated the issue and had a car reserved and we didn't wait for the airline provided shuttle) and another storm Monday is likely to cause some major issues with our return.

Sponsor