• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Utah Powmow cat op new terrain?

Toddlasher1

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Anybody have the lowdown on Powder Mountain Cat Skiing day operation now that they have expanded their terrain? I was there at least 10 years ago and it was nice but very very mellow.

silverback

Talking a lot about less and less
Skier
The all-day cat skiing is on Monument’s terrain (formally Whisper Ridge). The one-ride-at-a-time terrain is Powder Mountain’s (Lightning Ridge and Raintree). None of it is really Snowbird/Jackson like terrain.

The lift served expansion areas (2 new lifts a few years ago) are very low-angle/mellow.

Last edited:

Kyle

Out on the slopes
Skier
I skied Whisper Ridge (now Monument) pre-Covid for a day. While none of it was extreme, we did ski some pretty steep lines—a few of which had some tight trees as well. We did not ski any runs that were not pitched enough to be enjoyable. I would go back. Based only on a single day’s experience at both Monument and Park City Powdercats, I would say PC Powdercats probably has more, higher quality terrain.

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
When did monument get started? Seems like whisper shut down during the pandemic.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
When did monument get started? Seems like whisper shut down during the pandemic.
Monument took over WR & I think this will be their 3rd or 4th year. They have been very low key & AFAIK cater mostly to to the (formerly Summit?) property owners. At least they’ve done very little if any advertising.
IMG_3769.jpeg

Sponsor

Staff online