• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Power Station Requirements

James

Out There
Instructor
768wh -$500
Charges in 1.5hrs w/800w ac. or 0-80% in 45min. 22.5lbs You can connect to other batteries for more power.

AC70-3.png

sparty

Out on the slopes
Skier
Given the cost of power banks, I'd adjust the parameters by planning to have the laptop fully charged to start the day, which I'd hope would buy you at least four hours of not needing to power it externally.

You might also consider a separate power supply for the laptop if your only need a little bit of boost to get it through the day (and I'd definitely want to be doing that via USBC directly, not on an AC adapter running from a DC battery).

Which brings up another idea: if the TV is powered by DC rather than AC with an internal transformer (ie has an external power brick), maybe you could run that directly on DC as well for a bit more efficiency?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Are you needing a specific kind of rug? That seems far too expensive for what you would would need to cover a cord.
We don't bother with a rug in our booth, but we asked someone who had a 10 X 20 booth who paid over $1,000 for their rental rug from the venue. They also rented a table and 2 chairs. All in, it was a bit over $1,600.00 for three days rent.

We checked in about renting electricity for the event and it looks like it will be somewhere around $150.00

Rich McP

H20nSnow Elsewhere
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We don't bother with a rug in our booth, but we asked someone who had a 10 X 20 booth who paid over $1,000 for their rental rug from the venue. They also rented a table and 2 chairs. All in, it was a bit over $1,600.00 for three days rent.

We checked in about renting electricity for the event and it looks like it will be somewhere around $150.00
This is completely in line with tradeshow norms. (just in case you didn't already know that)

skiki

Out on the slopes
Skier

$150 per day for the electricity, or for the entire event? If it is for the entire event, I def see that as more justifiable than $600 for a table and two chairs, or $1000 to borrow a rug. Yikes.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
$150 per day for the electricity, or for the entire event? If it is for the entire event, I def see that as more justifiable than $600 for a table and two chairs, or $1000 to borrow a rug. Yikes.

Guess we know where the space is making their money. I totally expected to see a custom logo rug thread, tbh.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The other way to look at it is if you get a good prebuiilt unit; you can justify it by as you can also use it for other non tradeshow things like camping, tailgating, picnic parties, or homeuse for blackouts. Blended Margaritas for parking lot après anyone?

If you're on a long road trip there is a comfort that you can charge or power things if you forget while driving, and with the car off.

This Anker SOLIX C1000 is a new release too, 1000wh on sale $750

The bluetti powerstations line that James posted would also work.

Timing wise, the window for sales is now through Black Friday.

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This is completely in line with tradeshow norms. (just in case you didn't already know that)
We are aware of this but we've always tried to go a more affordable way because we're on a fairly tight budget.
And we've been able to do it fairly well. Keeping in mind, most trade shows we attend we do not have a booth because we're there to see the people with the booth(s).
Snowbound changed that .
$150/event, not day. Whew!

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Guess we know where the space is making their money. I totally expected to see a custom logo rug thread, tbh.
Yup. A quick google search shows that customers logo rug would run anywhere from $1200-$2000. The only problem is transporting something that large. There are interlockable "puzzle" style padded flooring but I do not think they last well.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Advertising for this thing came up in my various feeds - no idea who actually make them.

Doesn't look half as good a deal as the Anker Solix above.

Sponsor

Staff online