• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

e_greene

Booting up
Skier
Emily here, from Powder7 Ski Shop. Our Colorado-based ski superstore is hosting the “Powder7 to the People” logo contest. Check out the official Press Release:

(Golden, CO) — What’s better than winning a pair of skis? Winning seven. After celebrating their tenth anniversary last fall, ski shop and online retailer Powder7 is ready to freshen up. So, they’re revamping their logo—and crowd-sourcing the project. Powder7 launched the “Powder7 to the People” logo contest in early September with a heady grand prize. If they adopt a submitted design as their new logo, they will give its creator a new pair of free skis and bindings every year for seven years.

“For skiers with any level of flair for design, this is pretty much the dream,” said Powder7 owner Amy Dannwolf. “This is their chance to ride the latest and greatest skis every winter until 2024 for free.” Dannwolf said the winning design will be featured on Powder7’s website, social media, swag items like stickers, logowear, and ski straps—maybe even staff tattoos.

Entrants to the contest are invited to use whatever colors and medium feel right. All design elements are in play. Powder7 wants to see creative ideas, whether they come from Paint 3D, Photoshop, or a Crayola crayon. If a submission is rough around the edges, their in-house graphic designer will work magic to make it logo-ready.

Contest guidelines say the logo’s look and feel should reflect the brand. Powder7 is fully dedicated to skiing—no patio furniture, no mountain bikes, just gear for sliding on snow. Also, it’s a small business devoted to their community, social responsibility, and environmental causes.

“Our mantra is ‘Skiing for all, all for skiing,’” Dannwolf said. “Crowd-sourcing our new logo makes sense given what we’re about.”

Whether they’re perfectly polished or well-thought-out scribbles, submissions can be posted to Instagram and tagged with #powder7tothepeople. Entrants can also email submissions to [email protected]. The deadline for submissions is October 24. The Powder7 staff will then vote on submissions and announce a winner on Facebook Live on Wednesday, November 14.

Powder7 is Colorado's go-to family-owned source for ski gear. With a brick-and-mortar warehouse and store in Golden and an ecommerce site, Powder7 supplies skiers on the Front Range and around the world with the tools they need to conquer the mountains. See what the fuss is about--and shop their entire inventory--at Powder7.com.

Find contest details at https://www.powder7.com/ski-blog/powder7-logo-contest/, and reply here for more info. info.

Last edited:

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Rad. Thanks for the heads up. Passed along to a few more artistically inclined friends.

Are you affiliated with Powder7? If so, you may want to disclose that just fore future reference.

TS
e_greene

e_greene

Booting up
Skier
Are you affiliated with Powder7? If so, you may want to disclose that just fore future reference.

Hey, thanks for pointing that out. I am affiliated with Powder7 and updated the post to show that. Now hopefully we can get your friends hooked up with some skis!

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm a big fan of Powder 7 for skis. I've purchased 2 sets of skis and bindings from them. I'm not artistically inclined but always happy to support a good shop.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m a think’n!

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Done! Just need to submit...

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
If you missed the FB Live
Now, I'd like to see what some of our members came up with, if you care to post it up.

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks all!

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah, I REALLY wanted a pair of Stocklis.

Sponsor

Staff online