• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
[spelling-nazi] Ugh... it's "aisle" with an "a". "Isle" makes it a completely different word. [/spelling-nazi]
Don’t ruin good humour, by criticizing spelling and then still dropping vowels in other words in the “English” language.

:eek::rolleyes:!

Laugh, relax, ski when you can, enjoy life....as everyone has faults that can be picked on, just depends on how you look at it.

:beercheer:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Don’t ruin good humour, by criticizing spelling and then still dropping vowels in other words in the “English” language.

:eek::rolleyes:!

Laugh, relax, ski when you can, enjoy life....as everyone has faults that can be picked on, just depends on how you look at it.

:beercheer:

It's not just a case of caring about spelling in some uptight way... the misspelling in this case ruined the humor, IMO. Totally took me out the joke.

Getting things right is enjoyable. Letting mistakes go doesn't always mean you're relaxed and just enjoying life, and pointing them out or correcting them doesn't mean you're uptight and not enjoying life. Life can be enjoyed in many ways. :)

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
It's not just a case of caring about spelling in some uptight way... the misspelling in this case ruined the humor, IMO. Totally took me out the joke.

Getting things right is enjoyable. Letting mistakes go doesn't always mean you're relaxed and just enjoying life, and pointing them out or correcting them doesn't mean you're uptight and not enjoying life. Life can be enjoyed in many ways. :)

Well, that fruit display looks more like an island than an aisle...
reaching? failing? ok....

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
[spelling-nazi] Ugh... it's "aisle" with an "a". "Isle" makes it a completely different word. [/spelling-nazi]

Gosh! And I was under the impression that the racks of goods and merchandise were called ISLANDS!

I'm sure the spelling dweebs will correct any mis-understanding ;-)

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I am not a dweeb!

F6A0EF59-1D4B-426F-A258-034F56CBBBC0.jpeg

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Gosh! And I was under the impression that the racks of goods and merchandise were called ISLANDS!

I'm sure the spelling dweebs will correct any mis-understanding ;-)

Well I took the writing at face value, so I spent a split second trying to figure out if they really meant "isle" for some reason (i.e. is there another joke other than the obvious), and therefore the joke didn't land like it's supposed to. Good spelling helps with conveying meaning - even for jokes!

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Is it a duck or a rabbit.

upload_2019-5-28_16-40-59.jpeg

Sponsor

Staff online