• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Poconos taking a spring like beating

Goose

Out on the slopes
Skier
Blue is closing this weekend "to preserve snow".
I must say the region as a whole I feel had a pretty good start and nice mid winter imo. But this last couple weeks and the next few not looking good at all. Too warm, far too much rain. And the extended monthly temp forecasts are showing nothing as for temps to even blow snow at night. I just don't know how any Pocono resorts will even be open at all by first week of march.

Last year there was a warm spell pres weekend with emps in the 60's but prior to and after the region was cold and if you recall we had a big dump late which even extended things a week or two. This year I felt looked promising with some good skiing and and a lot of open acreage at the resorts but this is going downhill very fast. Too fast as of currently and with no relief in sight. I really hope that's not the case.

Going to have to head north but now it becomes about the long drive. Ive still a couple tickets to use but Im seeing if I will even be able to use them or have to eat them. The area could really use a good streak of cold weather right now before it gets too late.

BTW on another note ...Im not seeing (or its not popping up) as for where/when/how to normally add the color regional flag for the mid Atlantic area (or any area for that matter). Ive easily done it before but that's recently twice now Im not seeing the option for the newly posted thread. perhaps a mod can fix. Thanks

Willyum215

Col. Mustard
Skier
Yeah, it's a bummer right now- even more so after the promising start and that really cold snap we had in early January.

We rented a house near Elk for the first weekend in March. Fingers crossed that it's somewhat worthwhile and we don't end up just hiking in the area.

Sponsor

Staff online