• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pocket Rocket by Salomon worth $50?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The bindings are good, but no longer indemnified..

A Pocket Rocket would be a fun ski to have around.

James

Out There
Instructor

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Assuming they take $25 off. Looks like a later gen model?
I don't quite understand the "I need skis to ski with 6-8 yr olds" I do it all the time with whatever I have on. Just don't be squemish about top sheets and if it's a laminate ski bevel the top sheet to sidewall edge. They will ski over them.

Yes! I used to tell my athletes they owed me hot chocolate if they skied over my skis. Not that I ever collected on it and it didn't really bother me that much but it was also an attempt to teach them proper etiquette. My metal topsheet Auras were a mess within a couple of weeks of coaching on them.

James

Out There
Instructor
Yes! I used to tell my athletes they owed me hot chocolate if they skied over my skis. Not that I ever collected on it and it didn't really bother me that much but it was also an attempt to teach them proper etiquette. My metal topsheet Auras were a mess within a couple of weeks of coaching on them.
I draw the line at attempting to step on the curved up tip. It's almost happened more than once.

TS
M

murphysf

Ski Well, Be Well.
Skier
Assuming they take $25 off. Looks like a later gen model?
I don't quite understand the "I need skis to ski with 6-8 yr olds" I do it all the time with whatever I have on. Just don't be squemish about top sheets and if it's a laminate ski bevel the top sheet to sidewall edge. They will ski over them.
Thanks for the reply. My comment wasn't that I was concerned about the top sheets I was just wanted to give some info on what type of skiing I would be doing and if these skis were appropriate?

James

Out There
Instructor
would be doing and if these skis were appropriate?
If you adjust your own bindings. Most shops won't touch non indemnified bindings. You should at least find out what bsl they're mounted for. Otherwise it's diy remount or new bindings. As to the ski- whatever, it's fine if you like it. At $75 it's not a bad experiment and you can land switch. Also, not sure if that's center mounted, doesn't look like it but it's close. If so, you will learn about skiing center mounted skis.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I would think you could find a lot of options that are around 6-7 years old, at around the $75-$100 price point at local ski swaps in the fall; including skis on system bindings. Ultimately up to you.

Sponsor

Staff online