• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pimp my ride: Helmet edition

Lvovsky /Pasha/Pavel

i hiked the ridge... twice...
Skier
Taking a cue from another thread: looking for cool ideas on how to “enhance” and personalize my ski helmet!

Sticking random stickers and embracing my inner twelve year old is definitely an option. Just don’t want it to look like a hot mess. Of course, Skitalk stickers look classy in any setting.

Show off your cool helmets if you have them!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk stickers! Shoot me a PM with your address and we will get some out to you in a plethora of colors!

tempImagebyTTe1.png

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
It's not DIY.

They make a lot of cool helmet covers for kids but nothing for adults. :(
You could always get a custom paint job done, like they do with motorcycle and hockey goalie helmets... it can be very expensive.

I always like @Old boot 's old maple leaf paint job...

1639937236559.png

1639937285484.png

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
They make vinyl wraps for motorcycle helmets, someone should do it for ski helmets.
I'm sure there must be lots of others, but here're some helmet wraps, one of which appears to be a ski helmet:

You could also go hydro dip... this place does other helmets and could probably do a ski helmet, as could a bunch of other places I'd guess:

TS
Lvovsky /Pasha/Pavel

Lvovsky /Pasha/Pavel

Skier
Got the skitalk sticker attached and already feel like a sponsored athlete. ;) Could always use more stickers especially in pink @Philpug

Custom paint would be awesome. Need to ask around and find airbrush hobbyists. Masking, sanding, prepping, painting, airbrushing, shiny coating ain’t gonna be fast nor cheap. Got to use correct paint to. Some paints (like spray cans) can eat through polystyrene.

There are a lot of interesting stickers on the internet. Too many for one helmet in fact.

Not a lot of ready to go vinyl wrap designs.

Need to add a red stripe next. To ski faster!

jt10000

步步高升
Skier
I have my surname down both sides of my helmet, in a large size that has a bit of a graphic feel:
helmet.jpg

And I might be adding a few stickers to on one or both sides, including a design I'm making for for my son and a couple of his school friends who will be skiing together a bunch this winter.

Image2.jpg

TS
Lvovsky /Pasha/Pavel

Lvovsky /Pasha/Pavel

Skier
I have my surname down both sides of my helmet, in a large size that has a bit of a graphic feel:
View attachment 151892

And I might be adding a few stickers to on one or both sides, including a design I'm making for for my son and a couple of his school friends who will be skiing together a bunch this winter.

View attachment 151893

How did you make the letters?

Hakuba

Booting up
Skier
I am thinking get some stickers of Eye of Horus on my helmet these days. But I have not decided design, just left eye or both eyes, helmet's one side or both sides...
I like the symbol so much after my right eye was injured, it represents healing, protection.

Sponsor

Staff online