• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
IMG_20190426_133418116.jpg
Southern California corn harvest.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
This years crop has started. Some do roses or tomatoes I got grapes. Almost every group of leaves has the beginning of a bunch of grapes, and there are a lot of groups of leaves. No clue what kind of grapes or what we are doing but they are fun to work with and more fun to eat and drink.

20190513_184321.jpg
20190513_184355.jpg

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I just returned from NH where I was visiting my folks for mother's day. I was a bit down in the dumps due to a business problem. My brother asked me to go for a walk with him and the dog, so I went along. We ended up at the quarry that my best friend and I grew up playing in. It turns out, not all that surprisingly that we played in the same places. The funny thing is we both called this feature the Orange Squeezer as we were 6 years apart and not all that involved with each other. Neither of us fit anymore.

IMG_20190511_165250900_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190511_165524839_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190511_170842350.jpg

We didn't try crawling into these debris piles that we fit in 50 years ago.

IMG_20190511_171113404.jpg

This trip down memory lane brought me out of my funk for a while, at least. (good news, the problem may have been resolved)

It wouldn't be a Mother's Day photo collection without this one. My mother with my sister at HoJo's on the way to Tuckerman Ravine'

900x900px-LL-4de54575_090531+-+Mum+and+Nancy-Gail+at+HoJo's.jpg

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
Another one from Sunday at Alpine. This is the last bit of the hike to Keyhole and then skiing down an alternate right next to the main chute. Really nice corn snow everywhere.

What was that filmed with? Changes pov, and is above your head?

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
What was that filmed with? Changes pov, and is above your head?
Its a 360 degree camera. There are several on the market right now - GoPro Fusion (which is what I have), Rylo, insta360 OneX are the three that are most popular ones, to name a few.

It's just directly mounted on my helmet (like any normal GoPro). The final mp4 can either be viewed in a VR headset for full "spherical" 360 or you can edit it down to a standard "flat" perspective. The neat part being that during the editing, you can control the framing/perspective. So no need to point at anything while recording, since everything is being captured. All the camera movements were created in editing. Also, the stabilization is perfect since it has the entire 360 sphere to compensate shakes with.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
In Alaska for a cruise... drove past Alyeska on the way to the ship... made me want to come back and ski it.

View attachment 74208
It is interesting that as a skier we look at a hill or mountain and think what would it be like to ski that slope even if it is not a ski resort or some place accessible by a chairlift.

Last edited:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
It is interesting that as a skier we look at a hill or mountain and think what would it be like to ski that slope even if it is not a ski resort or some place accessible by a chairlift.
Well Alyeska (not in my pic) is a ski resort and has lifts.

But I have been wondering what it would be like to ski a lot of the slopes around here, as you state.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Very skiing related!
The developing grapes on the backyard vine.
Grapes make wine.
Drinking wine works well with skiing or talking about skiing.
Ski related.
Really interesting to watch the development though.
20190519_165141.jpg

Sponsor