• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Outside Skagway, AK... the peaks are about 7500 feet above the valley floor.

20190521_112337.jpg

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
View attachment 74578

I prefer mountain weather but this is pretty nice too. Poipu Beach in Kauai.
It is a beautiful place, I visited Poipu on Kauai a several years back. It is one of the most beautiful warm weather locations I have ever been. They tried to sell us a time share on the beach it was part of the Marriott chain. It was tuff to resist because it was so beautiful.

Last edited:

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
It is a beautiful place, I visited Poipu on Kauai a several years back. It is one of the most beautiful warm weather locations I have ever been. They tried to sell us a time share on the beach it was part of the Marriott chain. It was tuff to resist because it was so beautiful.

It is stunning! Just wish the flight wasn’t so long — 7 hours from Denver.
12F940BD-F49F-46E7-A37C-7567AA449F42.jpeg

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Have wanted to make this for a very long time, and today had just enough beer to cut the shafts off off antique golf clubs. A 3 wood, a Mashie (fairway iron), and a Putter; they are now a coat rack. Mounted above a heat register, should be great for drying ski coats.

20190526_160128.jpg

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Add three more hours from NJ, we went from NJ to Phoenix to Kauai it felt like a lifetime.
When we got off the plane from Michigan-Chicago-LA-Sydney I told my husband I lived there now and wasn't getting back on a plane ever.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
In the younger days would get on an airplane in Prudhoe Bay and not walk outside till Honolulu. Bunny boots to flip flops; that was a shock to the system even in mid-20's. Spent a couple weeks one year on North Shore of Kauai, lots of great hiking and things there.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
In the younger days would get on an airplane in Prudhoe Bay and not walk outside till Honolulu. Bunny boots to flip flops; that was a shock to the system even in mid-20's. Spent a couple weeks one year on North Shore of Kauai, lots of great hiking and things there.
If you were hiking on Kauai how did you like the red clay that gets all over you and they use as a dye tee shirts.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
If you were hiking on Kauai how did you like the red clay that gets all over you and they use as a dye tee shirts.

Washed off pretty well in the surf with some sand. The tee shirts were normally left in a dumpster. Would hike the old native trail along the coast to the caves and beyond (which was the thing to do there in the 70's and examine the flora and women as a 20 something male is wont to do.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January