• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mid-Atlantic Pennsylvania mountain/resort with Ice skating?

ShannonH

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hi all, long time skier, first time poster. I recently relocated to America and am looking for a Pennsylvania ski resort/mountain that has Ice skating as well as the usual mountain ski amenities. The internet is giving me nothing, and the mountain sites I've been looking at haven't said anything about ice skating. Help me, forum, you're my only hope.

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Does the ice skating have to be at the mountain? Or is nearby good enough?

TS
ShannonH

ShannonH

Skier
Does the ice skating have to be at the mountain? Or is nearby good enough?
Good question! Ideally, on mountain or within a 5-10 minute drive. Kids are hard to transport with all their cold weather gear. :)

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
The only one I'm aware of is Spring Mountain. Tiny area.

Edit: I honestly thought Seven Springs would have ice skating, but there is no mention on the website. They used to have skeet shooting...I wonder if Vail Associates cut back on some of the "extra" stuff there....

Last edited:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Good question! Ideally, on mountain or within a 5-10 minute drive. Kids are hard to transport with all their cold weather gear. :)
I know the questions is about PA, but have you considered Massanutten in Virginia? They have ice skating typically too.

TS
ShannonH

ShannonH

Skier
I know the questions is about PA, but have you considered Massanutten in Virginia? They have ice skating typically too.
Hi! Yes, I have actually been there and loved it! But need to go north this year for family. Just looking for something similar to Mass.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
I've only been to the "Southern PA" ski areas once each, but I found Liberty very enjoyable. Especially the "back side"

TS
ShannonH

ShannonH

Skier
This is a picture of part of the Liberty base/lodge:

View attachment 210582
Hey! Thank you for the picture! I called up the liberty mountain, but it always took me to the Epic Pass office? I guess Liberty is under a big chain of ski resorts, and the dude on the phone said there is no ice skating listed, so it technically doesn't exist? hahah.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Hey! Thank you for the picture! I called up the liberty mountain, but it always took me to the Epic Pass office? I guess Liberty is under a big chain of ski resorts, and the dude on the phone said there is no ice skating listed, so it technically doesn't exist? hahah.
Yes... Liberty is part of Vail resorts. If you can find a local number and talk to someone actually at the resort, they may know more.

Sponsor

Staff online