• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Patroller's wife needs medical evac from Kenya.

chilehed

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The wife of a patroller friend of mine has been in Nairobi on a mission trip, was in a really bad car wreck and has a number of life-threatening injuries. The family is asking for help evacuating her from the hospital in Kenya, it costs $150,00 and they don't have that kind of money. Any help is greatly appreciated.

https://www.gofundme.com/beths-medical-evacuation

TS
chilehed

chilehed

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
For my part I view this as an opportunity to act as a human being, in helping the gravely injured wife of one of my personal friends.

TS
chilehed

chilehed

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
"Update August 27th:

The campaign to raise money for my Mom's medical evacuation has ended. Due to your generous support and matching from an anonymous donor we raised funds to medically evacuate my Mom back to the US. We are in the process of finalizing the evacuation. When we are back in the US we can officially close donations. Thank you everyone for all of your generous support, kindness and outpouring of love."

Thanks to anyone here who donated to the cause or remembered Beth in their prayers!

TS
chilehed

chilehed

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Update September 19:

Final Update
2 hours ago ago

Dear Friends & Family,

Thanks to your incredible and overwhelming generosity we were able to medically evacuate my Mom from Nairobi to a hospital in Salt Lake City. Her injuries were more extensive than we understood in Kenya and so we are very thankful that she is receiving appropriate care necessary for her recovery. Although she has a long road ahead of her everyday she continues to make excellent progress in her recovery.

We will forever be grateful for all of this.
Megan

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I missed this when you originally posted but I’m glad to see that she’s home and getting the care she needs.

Sponsor

Staff online