• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Other uses for skis

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I've used a working ski to scrape wax in a pinch more than once.. Stepping out on the snow and realize the cold wax didn't get scrapped down.. Take them off and scrape them down with the other ski edges.

We also used to stick skis in the snow about 18" apart, tips up and crossing for backrest then lay a pole across the binding heels for an instant chair :D

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Esty store from Vermont - picture frames, bottle openers, business cards holders, wine bottle holders, poles made into wind chimes.

My boot fitter makes chairs...Muskoka type. Hubby made benches.

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
skidumi2.JPG

ErikL

AKA Bro12
Skier
I used some old skis to make a bike rack. One piece laid down flat, other pieces bolted to L-brackets along it at intervals. The rear tire leans against the vertical skis and keeps my bikes organized and upright.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I used some old skis to make a bike rack. One piece laid down flat, other pieces bolted to L-brackets along it at intervals. The rear tire leans against the vertical skis and keeps my bikes organized and upright.
Pics please!

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
We also used to stick skis in the snow about 18" apart, tips up and crossing for backrest then lay a pole across the binding heels for an instant chair :D
ay

Here is what we used to do and may do Saturday if we stay for the Big Air comp. Put the tips closer together for better back support.. harder to do when skiing twins though..
6793123368_7babcc61ae_b1-1024x682.jpg

ErikL

AKA Bro12
Skier
Pics please!

Old Volkl Explosiv and Rossi Axium. I made that wooden table above the bikes also. Super helpful for keeping helmet and all the other stuff right there next to the bikes.

Attachments

• IMG_4341.JPG
    IMG_4341.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4339.JPG
    IMG_4339.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4340.JPG
    IMG_4340.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 20

Sponsor

Staff online