• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

International (Europe/Japan/Southern Hemisphere) On-mountain dining at Skirama Dolomiti?

TS
A

Adam Wildavsky

Booting up
Skier
Some locals I met on the gondola suggested Chalet Fiat. It's on the slopes at Madonna di Campiglio. I arrived around 1:45 today (Friday) but the line was so long I did not stay. I'll try again Monday or Tuesday.

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
Did the Sella Ronda thing there last year. We stopped *I think* at Rifugio Burz. At least my lift tracker shows I did a bunch of laps on the lift there near lunch time- "Burz A" lift. I was with a big group and we were skiing slow, so I took the opportunity to do a bunch of runs just after ordering, then again after eating. Took them a while to get reassembled to resume the tour. The guide we were with had phoned ahead to reserve tables.

I had Jaegerschnitzel. It was great. That coupled with the view and overall fun of skiing Italy made this one of my best meals ever. Calzones looked really good. Not really a fancy place, but I thought everything was very good.

Hard for me to gauge on mountain dining honestly... usually I'm really hungry so everything tastes great!

TS
A

Adam Wildavsky

Booting up
Skier
I stopped for coffee at Malga Vigo. They have a decent-looking menu that includes venison. I'll give them a try before I leave town.

TQA

Putting on skis
Skier
The Lupo Bianco on the Sella Ronda [near Canaze]i is my favourite lunch stop.

Garfield would give the lasagne two thumbs up.

TS
A

Adam Wildavsky

Booting up
Skier
I'm about 100 km from the Sella Ronda. Both Sella Ronda and Skirama Dolomiti are "Super resorts" or "Ski carousels" in the Dolomites, the Italian Alps. Sella Ronda is better known. I chose Skirama because my Epic pass includes seven days on the lifts here. I'll try the Sella Ronda next time!

If anyone wants dining suggestions for Flumserberg, Keystone, or Vail please let me know.

TS
A

Adam Wildavsky

Booting up
Skier
The venison at Malga Vigo was excellent, as were the grilled vegetables that accompanied it. I ordered it medium-rare and it arrived medium, but that's within my acceptable range.

TS
A

Adam Wildavsky

Booting up
Skier
I understand why people recommend Chalet Fiat. It's self-serve, cafeteria style, but the quality is excellent. I started with a goat cheese salad the equal of any I've had in France and had five baby lamb chops for my main course, grilled in front of me. The menu is more extensive than Malga Vigo's. I'd rate the quality comparable and would choose one or the other depending on whether I wanted table service.

Sponsor

Staff online