• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Oh, hell no.....

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Omg how terrifying.

One of my mountains in Vermont is known for wind. In fact there was an incident on Christmas when everyone on the chair near that summit had to be evacuated off the chair.

If it's remotely windy I won't take the chair to the summit and will ski of the 3/4 or 1/2 up chairs.

Wind terrifies me.

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
O. M. G. I'd never get on a lift again, assuming I didn't just die from fear right then.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
There's a bar..you can see the footrest..more importantly, are they both on one side of the chair??

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Looks like lifts over at Warth/Shrocken; damn scarifying winds, foreshore!

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
A yes... the footrest. A skier was rescued today at Mammoth after being caught hanging upside down off the chair, caught on the footrest! They used a net for the rescue. Apparently the toughest part was the skier freeing herself from the footrest. She was alone on the chair!
https://www.google.com/amp/ktla.com...mmoth-mountain-chairlift-drops-to-safety/amp/
Yeah it's funny, after doing some roped climbing, I realized that things you think are easy from when you were 12, are not easy anymore! Holding someone against a fall showed me that there's no way you're picking someone up and moving them around easily. It's tough to extricate yourself from unfortunate situations.

Sponsor

Staff online