• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I have a bit of social anxiety walking into a bar filled with people I've never met. I'll post what I'm wearing so people can look out for me to put me out of my misery to help me find yous faster. @wallyk no idea, haven't watched the simpsons in years. I can't wait to learn the answer.

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
I have a bit of social anxiety walking into a bar filled with people I've never met. I'll post what I'm wearing so people can look out for me to put me out of my misery to help me find yous faster. @wallyk no idea, haven't watched the simpsons in years. I can't wait to learn the answer.

Just head up the stairs to the second floor when you arrive - don't bother looking for the group in the main bar on the ground floor (though it's worth taking a look/ walk around given its been open since 1892; marble bar, tin tiles, beveled mirrors, wooden booths,...). Once upstairs, the group will likely be sitting towards the back and there are usually few if any others there around 6pm.

TS
KingGrump

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I think the glasses are a disguise. I notice he doesn't wear them skiing.

Remember at W/B, I told you guys "you don't need to see to ski." :duck:
Or I'm Superman while on skis. :cool:

wallyk

Would rather be ski'n
Skier
I have a bit of social anxiety walking into a bar filled with people I've never met. I'll post what I'm wearing so people can look out for me to put me out of my misery to help me find yous faster.
There should be no, or very limited, worries about walking into Old Town ......Given the Union Sq location it's pretty relaxed, for a NYC bar, and has a completely different afterwork crowd and vibe than say a mid-town bar which can be intimidating.

Look forward to meeting you tomorrow!!!!

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
There should be no, or very limited, worries about walking into Old Town ......Given the Union Sq location it's pretty relaxed, for a NYC bar, and has a completely different afterwork crowd and vibe than say a mid-town bar which can be intimidating.

Look forward to meeting you tomorrow!!!!

Thanks. Seems like a cool bar, looking forward to checking it out. Looking forward to meeting you too.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I thought about grabbing the bus in, but I have a meeting that’ll run late. Dang.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Unfortunately it doesn’t look like I can make it tonight. Got a bit crazy at work including dealing with a bit of dog rescue when a lost and scared spaniel wandered onto our job site. I hope you all have a good time and hope to meet some of you another time.

TS
KingGrump

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Sorry to hear that. Will catch you on the next go around.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Wow that was fun. On the train now heading back to the burbs. It was absolutely fabulous to meet and hang with everyone. @KingGrump @LKLA @wallyk @Flying Dutchess @Sandy_NYC @Uncle-A @Uncle-A's daughter and her boyfriend. @Uncle-A's daughter took pictures so those will get posted later. It was great to put faces with names. Hopefully we'll do another get together.

Now the excitement of the evening was 2 guys on the train in my seat got into a fight before train took off. I was in one of those 3 seats on each side facing each other seats. One guy comes in and sits next to me. Another guy comes in and sits across from us. Guy next to me keeps trying to make small talk with guy across from us whos not interested. Finally guy stands up and jumps on chatty guy who pushes him back and he lands on me. I put my hands up and push him off me. He falls into chatty guy and has his hands around his neck. I'm trapped inside the seat and can't get out. Eventually conductor comes over, separates them, a cop appears, takes to everyone and quiet guy winds up in cuffs. Lots of witnesses statements plus quiet guy attacked chatty guy right in front of video camera so badda bing. I ride the train a lot and never experienced this before. Maybe i watch too much tv but all i kept thinking of was what if he's armed and i'm trapped.

I just talked to the conductor and told him what i saw and it turns out the "victim" is loosely known for being antagonistic and had made derogatory comments to women on other days. I really believe he was hammering the quiet guy with small talk attempts who clearly didn't want to be bothered and he just snapped.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online