• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Norrona Lofoten sizing and materials?

Ludwigk

Booting up
Skier
Does anyone have any comments regarding the 2018/19 Lofoten Goretex pro bibs and jacket versus previous years? I'm looking to change my 6yr old stuff and wondering if they changed the sizing and materials. I contacted Norrona and they were kinda vague.

Thanks.

Dan26

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I’ve got the Newest version. What did you need to know

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I ordered a Norrona Trollveggen Gore-tex Pro shell Mens Medium last year, I think its a carry-over this year. Well made, nice slim fit which I liked but ran smallish and the arm-pit holes were too tight. I sent it back. I went with an Arc'teryx Sidewinder shell jacket size Medium which is rather roomy by comparison, not the classic Arc' slim fit.
On the other hand I love my Norrona Lofoten super lightweight down jacket - the fit is perfect, Arc'teryx like but better and with no hot spots. The neckline/collar doesn't choke and strangulate me like almost all of the Patagonia crap which fit me like a enormous tent in the body and have a very tight collar! Also my Arc'teryx Cerium LT hoody tends to hurt the back of my neck/spine if I wear too thick of a baselayer(s), or as a midlayer under a shell. The Cerium LT jacket non-hoody version collar is worse. No such trouble with the Norrona Lofoten. The Norrona is a slim fit but still roomy enough for a few base layers. Very soft fabric. Just not the warmest with only 100g 850 down fill and small baffles.

Last edited:
TS
Ludwigk

Ludwigk

Booting up
Skier
I’ve got the Newest version. What did you need to know
Hi,
Basically I want to know if I should get last years model (on sale) or get the 2018/19 version. I've heard that the cut of the pants are a bit better and the Goretex on the jacket is a newer, updated version. Can you confirm?

Dan26

Skier
Ok so the material this year is slightly better, more durable feeling I’d say.

In terms of the jacket, this years is slimmer cut, not as boxy. However the leg and arms are shorter for some reason.

It still fits me well at 197cm, 93kg in a large.

TS
Ludwigk

Ludwigk

Booting up
Skier
Ok so the material this year is slightly better, more durable feeling I’d say.

In terms of the jacket, this years is slimmer cut, not as boxy. However the leg and arms are shorter for some reason.

It still fits me well at 197cm, 93kg in a large.

How can a size Large fit you??? I'm 185cm and 90kg and a size L (both jacket and pants) are 'tight' (with base and mid layers).

Dan26

Skier
How can a size Large fit you??? I'm 185cm and 90kg and a size L (both jacket and pants) are 'tight' (with base and mid layers).

Which range are you using.

Dan26

Skier
I’m in the Gore tex pro with a peak performance help liner underneath and base layer. Loads of room.

Dan26

Skier
Could be body shape then. Most of my weight is in my quads and chest.

Sponsor

Staff online