• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

NFL 2023

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Panthers still suck. Good to see McCaffrey having fun.. We traded him for... this?? :roflmao:

I may be jumping ship to previous 10 year + home teams earlier this season..

TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
And the award for worst first half pf football this season (so far) goes to the NY Giants. Holy crap what an awful start for them..
Someone needs to get fired for showing this game.. or show a replay of a different game or something!!! :roflmao:

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Dare I say it? Only long suffering Michiganders need apply...

"Go Lions" ?

:roflmao:

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Someone needs to get fired for showing this game.. or show a replay of a different game or something!!! :roflmao:
Actually, it was quite enjoyable for me, but I in no way think this means the real Cowboys are back. The Prescott teams have made plenty of payoffs only to fall on their face, so I'll just try to enjoy the season one game at a time.

My Wisconsin wife and mother-in-law were quite happy with the outcome of the Packer's game. A good start to the Jordan Love era. The Eagles look to suffer from Superbowl hangover even if they say they have put it behind them, but they still won the game which is a good sign for them.

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
I heard someone saying the Pack will easily make the playoffs this year. I was like, whaaa???

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
And the award for worst first half pf football this season (so far) goes to the NY Giants. Holy crap what an awful start for them..
Or said another way, Cowboys had a great start! :golfclap:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Or said another way, Cowboys had a great start! :golfclap:
I'll take it but I still don't think Dak's the guy to take Dallas back to the Aikman/Stauback level dynasty.

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll take it but I still don't think Dak's the guy to take Dallas back to the Aikman/Stauback level dynasty.
With a stacked team like the Cowboys, you don’t need a hall-of-fame QB to win. Dak will be dialing it back this year, less is more.

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
You know the last time cowboys beat the Giants that bad for the opener was 1995, 35 to nothing. You know what happen that year? Suuuuper boooowl.....

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
It was really the Dallas D that crushed NYG..

Reactions: Tex
TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
It was really the Dallas D that crushed NYG..
Well, the right side of the NYG O-line was horrific. Hard to get stuff done when your QB has 1-2 secs to get rid of the ball. Daniel Jones must be asking how long until I can get out??? Just have to flush it and try to have a better game plan next week.

wiread

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I only made it about halfway into the 2nd half and went to bed. Their oline was getting absolutely destroyed. It wasn't even fun to watch as a football fan. Even college football looked like a better product than that.

as for the Packer stuff, it was a nice win to start the season. Positives. Love looked poised and calm. Threw the ball well minus 2-3 that could be done over, but by and large, a good outing. Looked under control at all times. Inexperience showed a few times, but he hit big in big moments and the rest of the team allowed that.

Defensive line and linebackers were really disruptive for GB and made the job of the DB's easier. BUT it was Chicago, Fields still can't or wont throw downfield. as the game went on, it was easier and easier for GB to defend.

People need to be careful to keep some perspective. When Jones wasn't making the run game go, our offense had trouble getting a first down let alone scoring points.

As good as Love looked, he wasn't under any pressure at all in that game. We were never behind and Outside of early, Chicago never really threatened much. and I'm not sure Love got touched by a Chicago defender other than when he ran the ball.

He performed well, but it gets harder from here on out. Every game, opposing defenses get more tape on his tendencies and will gameplan for it. I don't think he had to make one off script throw yesterday and he will going forward. That is what separates the good from the greats. I'm excited to see what he can do.

But there are a lot of young guys on that team that will have some growing pains, but the good news is, they look like they're worth it.

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I will say the the Boy’s defense looked impressive… maybe this will be their decade. :ogbiggrin:

IMG_0313.png

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
I thought the Cowboys only existed in the 21st Century to generate schadenfreude for everyone else.

Nice to see the Chiefs knocked down early. They'll still be up there playoff time of course.

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
It's funny that some teams in the NFL can pop another through good prep and having the right skills to be kryptonite for a "better" team. Love it.

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
I'm going to enjoy rooting against the Jets this season. I hate to say it but I'll probably enjoy Jets losses more than a win by the teams I follow. Go Bills!!!!!

Sponsor

Staff online