• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New Dynamic Ski Website

Flo

Getting on the lift
Skier
No, they used to be. The name was purchased by a French woman who is an ex-national team racer. I have contacted them via Facebook to discuss getting test skis and have not heard back.
I don't think that the women who purchased it is an ex-national team racer. I have read other articles saying that she did her career in a supermarket chain. She bought Dynamic just before Amer was sold to chinese investors.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I don't think that the women who purchased it is an ex-national team racer. I have read other articles saying that she did her career in a supermarket chain. She bought Dynamic just before Amer was sold to chinese investors.
It's what I heard...maybe my sources were wrong...maybe your's are. LOL. Not that it really matters, what matters is will the skis fill the historic tracks that their predecessors laid?

Flo

Getting on the lift
Skier
It's what I heard...maybe my sources were wrong...maybe your's are. LOL. Not that it really matters, what matters is will the skis fill the historic tracks that their predecessors laid?
This might just explain why the women you contacted did not reply :ogbiggrin: We will see but I am not a fan of revived brands that rely on their past and exclusive distribution to come back. At 1200$ they have to be exceptional/special to find their niche.

eok

Slopefossil
Skier
On the Dynamic site, I had to watch the product vids to see the actual ski dimensions. Weird. The all-mountain is 71mm underfoot. The others are typical racing widths underfoot.

Are these made for them by Blossom? I ask because I see the Dynamic site is using the same main illustration graphic for "sandwich technology":

Dynamic
https://dynamic.ski/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/structure-ski-dynamic-min-1024x784.jpg

Blossom
https://www.blossomski.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Spaccato-Blossom-Ski-Numeri.jpg

Heck, if you look at the the actual URLs to the pictures the similarities between the URLs are noteworthy.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
On the Dynamic site, I had to watch the product vids to see the actual ski dimensions. Weird. The all-mountain is 71mm underfoot. The others are typical racing widths underfoot.

Are these made for them by Blossom? I ask because I see the Dynamic site is using the same main illustration graphic for "sandwich technology":

Dynamic
https://dynamic.ski/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/structure-ski-dynamic-min-1024x784.jpg

Blossom
https://www.blossomski.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Spaccato-Blossom-Ski-Numeri.jpg

Heck, if you look at the the actual URLs to the pictures the similarities between the URLs are noteworthy.
You caught that huh? About an hour and a half. Not bad.

Eric Edelstein

ExoticSkis
Skier
Industry Insider
You caught that huh? About an hour and a half. Not bad.

Now you're getting it....! Contract OEM manufacturing is the first choice for lots of "specialty brands" and brand revivalists!

flbufl

Getting on the lift
Skier
Yes. The shapes are of the Blossom Great Shape, Fly Up, and Flere.

Dynamic

Blossom

flbufl

Getting on the lift
Skier
Had to say at least they chose the good one. I always like the actual skis from Blossom much more than their topsheet graphics.

Now you're getting it....! Contract OEM manufacturing is the first choice for lots of "specialty brands" and brand revivalists!

eok

Slopefossil
Skier
Sure, it makes a lot of financial sense - and it looks as though Blossom even offers services/guidance for a fledgling specialty brand's web presence.

So, this thread now has brought an interesting question to my mind:

If a company was to actually design a new Dynamic ski today, what would the desired features & performance characteristics be? For example, if somebody came up with a truly unique modern design worthy of a big bold "Dynamic VR17" on the topsheet, what would that design be like & how would it perform???

I actually spent a lot of time on VR17s in the 70s. I can't remember many details about their performance. I do remember loving them because they turned wickedly well, were OK in mogul fields (sub-200 length) and were almost as high speed stable as my Dynastar S730s (which were no where near as good in turns as I remember). The VRs were fun. BUT: my memory swears my trusty cracked edge Head Slaloms were, uh, funner-er.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Sure, it makes a lot of financial sense - and it looks as though Blossom even offers services/guidance for a fledgling specialty brand's web presence.

If a company was to actually design a new Dynamic ski today, what would the desired features & performance characteristics be? For example, if somebody came up with a truly unique modern design worthy of a big bold "Dynamic VR17" on the topsheet, what would that design be like & how would it perform???

I actually spent a lot of time on VR17s in the 70s. I can't remember many details about their performance. I do remember loving them because they turned wickedly well, were OK in mogul fields (sub-200 length) and were almost as high speed stable as my Dynastar S730s (which were no where near as good in turns as I remember). The VRs were fun. BUT: my memory swears my trusty cracked edge Head Slaloms were, uh, funner-er.
The VR17 was Dynamic's slalom ski, so a 165cm FIS SL would be the presumed heir apparent. With that said, race skis back then were the all mountain ski for the better skiers on the hill. Where back then all mountain skis were scoffed at, now race skis tend to be more specialty skis and all mountain skis are the choice for many good skiers.

With all that said, the VR17 would need to be the halo of the collection..a ski for the best skiers on the hill.
The current ski they are using is a very good ski but to an extent it is a compromise...the VR17 was never a compromising ski. It would have the be a FIS level SL and the Geant, the Giant Slalom..which Blossom does have to offer, combined with the Vist Speedlock plate and the V614 binding in black and yellow. You would have a ski that is worth of the name, VR17...thats if they stay with the supplier but like with many of the K2 haters saying their skis should be mande in the states, the Dynamic VR17 should come from France.

TS
J

James O

Putting on skis
Skier
I have a pair of '06 VR27 slalom 165 cm from the Atomic days. 119-65-104, R=11m. Atomic/Dynamic 412 bindings. Very fun on groomers, very much a rec slalom ski...

Last edited:

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier

Seems that Blossom is make skis for a lot of different brands

da-cat

Hoarders Anonymous
Skier
Yeah I did!
Kept the drilled holes very shallow.

Attachments

• A469ABD6-9344-4F68-AC59-F62097971A03.jpeg
    A469ABD6-9344-4F68-AC59-F62097971A03.jpeg
    207.6 KB · Views: 27

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Well ... Wow. Talk about the blind leading the blind. Blossom skis, great. Blossom site, not so much.

View attachment 119253
interesting a few years back I skied with someone on a pair of Italian racing skis (cannot remember the brand) but this brand was also owned by Blossom and they had their own bindings to match

Sponsor

Staff online