• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New Day - New Wisdom

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Calvin - the truth is most of us discover where we are heading when we arrive.jpg

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
292602028_10160390497881738_5917006768011147414_n.jpg

Rooneyisms - Too good not to share!!
I've learned.... That the best classroom in the world is at the feet of an elderly person.
I've learned.... That when you're in love, it shows.
I've learned.... That just one person saying to me, 'You've made my day!' makes my day.
I've learned.... That having a child fall asleep in your arms is one of the most peaceful feelings in the world.
I've learned.... That being kind is more important than being right.
I've learned.... That you should never say no to a gift from a child.
I've learned.... That I can always pray for someone when I don't have the strength to help him in some other way.
I've learned.... That no matter how serious your life requires you to be, everyone needs a friend to act goofy with.
I've learned.... That sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold
and a heart to understand.
I've learned.... That simple walks with my father around the block on summer nights when I was a child did wonders for me as an adult.
I've learned.... That life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.
I've learned.... That we should be glad God doesn't give us
everything we ask for.
I've learned.... That money doesn't buy class.
I've learned.... That it's those small daily happenings that make
life so spectacular.
I've learned.... That under everyone's hard shell is someone who wants to be appreciated and loved.
I've learned.... That to ignore the facts does not change the facts.
I've learned.... That when you plan to get even with someone, you are only letting that person continue to hurt you.
I've learned.... That love, not time, heals all wounds.
I've learned.... That the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am.
I've learned.... That everyone you meet deserves to be greeted with a smile..
I've learned.... That no one is perfect until you fall in love with them.
I've learned... That life is tough, but I'm tougher.
I've learned.... That opportunities are never lost; someone will take the ones you miss.
I've learned.... That when you harbor bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere.
I've learned.... That I wish I could have told my Mom that I love her one more time before she passed away.
I've learned.... That one should keep his words both soft and tender, because tomorrow he may have to eat them.
I've learned..... That a smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.
I've learned..... That when your newly born grandchild holds your
little finger in his little fist, that you're hooked for life.
I've learned.... That everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it.
I've learned.... That the less time I have to work with, the more things I get done.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Difficult people are very important, - they teach you tolerance and acceptance.​

If all was going your way all the time, you would become a spoiled child, wouldn't everyone? Difficult people are just one of the ways the world teaches us to expand beyond our egos and accept other perspectives on life.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This one hit me a little close to home:
Understanding comes from love.

You might believe that you need to understand another to love them. The truth is you need to love them to understand them.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I have a 'new page' extension that when you open a new browser page shows an image with an unrelated quote at the bottom. I saw one the other day and didn't save it so I looked.

Found it:
remember that sometimes not getting what you want....png

This one appeared in the search. It is one I'll save and likely frequently use in FB discussions. :-|
silence is sometimes the best answer.jpg

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I have a 'new page' extension that when you open a new browser page shows an image with an unrelated quote at the bottom. I saw one the other day and didn't save it so I looked.

Found it:
View attachment 226776

This one appeared in the search. It is one I'll save and likely frequently use in FB discussions. :-|
View attachment 226777
The first one is especially relevant to old girlfriends that didn't work out but you wish they did at the time!

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I wish I had the poise to deliver this on my own.
Sir Antony Hopkins... you said it well.
Eat the chocolates slowly and savor every bite.

“I know that I have less to live than I have lived.
I feel like a child who was given a box of chocolates. He enjoys eating it, and when he sees that there is not much left, he starts to eat them with a special taste.
I have no time for endless lectures on public laws - nothing will change. And there is no desire to argue with fools who do not act according to their age. And there's no time to battle the gray. I don't attend meetings where egos are inflated and I can't stand manipulators.
I am disturbed by envious people who try to vilify the most capable to grab their positions, talents and achievements.
I have too little time to discuss headlines - my soul is in a hurry.
Too few candies left in the box.
I'm interested in human people. People who laugh at their mistakes are those who are successful, who understand their calling and don't hide from responsibility. Who defends human dignity and wants to be on the side of truth, justice, righteousness. This is what living is for.
I want to surround myself with people who know how to touch the hearts of others. Who, through the blows of fate, was able to rise and maintain the softness of the soul.
Yes, I hustle, I hustle to live with the intensity that only maturity can give. I'll eat all the candy I have left - they'll taste better than the ones I already ate.
My goal is to reach the end in harmony with myself, my loved ones and my conscience.
I thought I had two lives, but it turned out to be only one, and it needs to be lived with dignity.”
Brilliant Anthony Hopkins

Last edited:

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
I did not know some of this, and I've cruised some of these mountains for a long time.
The stuff between the Canadian Rockies and the Cascades are all considered the Columbia Range.
430134184_730723805814258_5532175924627170471_n.jpg

Tumbleweed Maps

ndorSpseotmu1373tcfm8388u1t75m3i1ia85h7t1c6ug360hg0ma6052cth ·

Major Sections of the Rocky Mountains
The Rocky Mountains are a major mountain range spanning from northern New Mexico in the southwestern United States to northern British Columbia, Canada.
While they subdivide into many smaller ranges and can vary by source, at a high level they can be divided into seven large sections: Far Northern Rockies, Canadian Rockies, Central Montana Rocky Mountains, Idaho-Bitterroot Rocky Mountains, Greater Yellowstone Rockies, Western Rocky Mountains, and Southern Rocky Mountains.
*Hierarchies and Boundaries are derived from the GMBA Mountain Inventory and EarthEnv dataset.
#RockyMountains #UnitedStates #NewMexico #Colorado #Utah #Idaho #Wyoming #Montana #Canada #BritishColumbia #Alberta #CanadianRockies #TheRockies #Mountains #Geography #Maps

Sponsor

Staff online