• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Found this today and thought it would be a great way to stir-up Pugski a bit while we all (or at least most of us) wait for snow.

If anybody knows "Places" it ought to be National Geographics. Here are their picks for best ski towns. Have been to most of the North American selections and agreed with a lot of what they are saying and would be glad to do the happily ever after in most of them. They did not do an order; which is good, that is very personally subjective.

Like the Jimmy Buffet song says,'I don't know where I'm a gonna go when the volcano blows'; any of these would seem to work just fine (other than Bend, but that is another story, She who must be obeyed is a big NO on that one).

Get to it, where do you love?

https://unofficialnetworks.com/2014...uHX_tndMJYNWA06Vu3UCQ6hYGrLBBO0wCQBqubs8--tEA

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
That Unofficial story is, like a ton of their stuff, recycled from at least 2014. (Does this drive anyone else crazy or just me?)

And mysteriously that Nat Geo link is sending me to a contents page of some kind:

Screenshot_20181027-123612.png

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^
Weird... the Nat Geo link works for me on multiple browsers. It says the content was published in October 2017 too, BTW.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
As I said, the article is really old. The Whitefish write up says the resort was "newly rechristened". (That was in 2007.) Also, the local in question my daughter was dating when the article was released and that was ages back, roughly 2010-12-ish. I've found articles pointing to that article that are dated as early as 2012. Amazingly, all those recommendations are for businesses still in existence, tho.

Last edited:

Bill Miles

Old Man Groomer Zoomer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Don't know where the picture shown for Ketchum come from. It certainly isn't Bald Mountqain, maybe backcountry.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Those lists are click bait at best...

HDSkiing

You’re Sliding On-Snow; Don’t Over-Think it!
Skier
Nice reading, but it must be dated or they compiled the article from old sources.

They still have the Blake’s as owning Taos, the family sold it back in 2013. For better (or some around here would say worse) Taos is a different place today.

Sponsor

Staff online