• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
Tibula Plateau seems like a rather common ski injury. I now know of at least 4 of them.
Can't see how this one happens. :huh:

Does the added hardware set off scanners at airports ?

In my case, I was hit from behind by another skier and had an impact like a football chop block, which commonly results in a tibia plateau fracture.

Have not been through an airport scanner since the surgery, but I've been on a jury, where everyone entering the courthouse had to be scanned, and nothing came up.

TS
Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Ullr Is Lord
Skier
Tibula Plateau seems like a rather common ski injury. I now know of at least 4 of them.
Can't see how this one happens. :huh:

Does the added hardware set off scanners at airports ?

In my case, landing on a rock hiding under powder. Down-force using my femur as a hammer.

Doc said it probably wasn't enough metal to set of the airport scanner. I'll know Friday!

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
man ... wishing you smooth next surgery(ies) and quick recovery.

least-ish it's end of season and time to rebuild ....

Pequenita

Making fresh tracks
Skier

I was hit from above and the side (mostly) from a sliding skier, although I managed not to have any displacement or surgery or ligament damage, and was back on skis (ahem) 4 months later. I still don’t really understand what or how my tib plateau fx happened.

Sponsor

Staff online