• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

MV or LV

foggy1

Booting up
Skier
Going to get some new boots. Likely Lange XT3 130's. Boot fitter says I can fit into a LV with one punch/grind or use a MV with no mods. I intend to put in zipfits once the original liners get worn for either boot. I like a tight feel better so that would lead me to the LV.

We live in Breck, and I ski in all conditions. Actually, welcome the cold and windy days as it thins out the crowd. But sometimes my feet do get a bit cold. I'm thinking the MV's would be slightly warmer than the LV's once I get the zipfits.

Any thoughts or comments to help my decision.

cem

Out on the slopes
Masterfit Bootfitter
Industry Insider
if you like the tighter feel go with the LV, it is easy to make a boot bigger, making it smaller is a whole different mission.... zipfit is neoprene around the forefoot so will not compress your foot in the same way the sock liner can with its restrictive seams

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Boot fitter says I can fit into a LV with one punch/grind or use a MV with no mods.

Can you try them both on? Lange is pretty well-known for maintaining a good, tight heel pocket when they move from the LV to MV shells.

TS
F

foggy1

Booting up
Skier
Yes, I've tried both on. I like the feel of the LV better, but the MV certainly isn't bad. Debating potential warmth difference vs know preference in feel. In the end, I'd likely be satisfied with either.

Doublegreen

Putting on skis
Skier
If you’re planning on going to Zipfit, just do it right away and get them fitted together/same time. The warmth factor in in Zipfits is overblown, imo. It’s a circulation issue and a lot of times people have their buckles too tight when they have Zipfits. It’s not necessary.

Sponsor

Staff online