• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This Chinook pilot did an incredible job, to rescue a climber and six rescuers who were stranded on Mt Hood.
https://katu.com/news/local/clackam...fice-responds-to-assist-climber-on-mount-hood

Screen Shot 2018-07-16 at 4.16.56 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-16 at 4.17.08 AM.png

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I was there setting up for the Summer Fun Nationals. @dean_spirito is still there.

Props to the pilots and rescuers. They first attempted the evac with a Black Hawk but the air temps and elevation prevented that. That's when they brought in the Chinook.

dean_spirito

Freestyle Ski Coach
Skier
My understanding is that it was a young kid from Texas who climbed to the summit in some sort of attempt to commit suicide. It was a failed attempt and he eventually called for rescue. I watched the Chinook fly directly over my house, completely oblivious to what was going on.

I haven't followed the story all that closely, but there was some discussion within my circle that it may have been a mutual friend who lost his job and had 2 dogs die because they were being kept in a vehicle on a particularly hot day.

Sponsor

Staff online