• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Moving the binding forward - hoping for better pressure to the front of the the ski.

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
Does anyone have experience with moving the boot position by moving the binding forward. I am not getting the action that I normally like to feel when pressuring the front of the ski.

I am skiing on Head Super Shape, 170cm. My skiing has been pretty good this season considering all of the set backs over the last year. But could be a lot better. The way I sit now on the ski seems to be holding me back. These skis rock!

Thanks for your feedback.

Mike King

AKA Habacomike
Instructor
A slalom race coach advised us that moving the bindings forward on slalom skis would result in better ski performance for developing slalom skiers. Do you have a plate? Try it and see...

trailtrimmer

Stuck in the Flatlands
Skier
Works great, move the heel and toe in unison a couple positions at a time. If you have to move more than six clicks to get them to hook up, there are other issues.

What are your others skis and what is your technique like? Is your inside leg coming up and can you feel lots of pressure on the shin of your downhill boot?

TS
no edge

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
I moved the boot forward one cm by adjusting the binding. The ski is easier to turn but possibly not as good from a performance stand point.

All of my turns at the original setting were aggressive in nature. I was frustrated at not being able to apply pressure to the forward section of the ski without really working my body down the mountain, which is enjoyable but more work.

I found myself standing taller and relaxing more with the more forward setting. I was still able to crank turns with possibly less work. One cm... seriously! I think this is where I will stay at least for now.

Trailtrimmer, I ski the Kastle fx94 in a 177. It's a great ski but fluff compared to the iTitan. I would say that my shins pressure the boot always in aggressive turns and bumps.

Sponsor

Staff online