• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
I've had two really bad ski seasons here in the mountains, not because of bad skiing but because of how my 80-year-old body has responded to things here, and my wife is having vision issues and wants to return to Michigan, where she has family, so we're looking for property to buy and have our Utah house listed for sale. We're also getting out all the banker boxes and totes we used a year ago to move from Breckenridge to the Heber Valley and starting to box stuff up. This house is four bedrooms and is stuffed, so it's going to be a big effort. I just bought an enclosed trailer I'm hoping to pull back a forth a few times with my F350 and then sell the trailer in Michigan. I'm hoping to get my barn back this time.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I just bought an enclosed trailer I'm hoping to pull back a forth a few times with my F350 and then sell the trailer in Michigan. I'm hoping to get my barn back this time.
When I moved to Tahoe I bought an enclosed trailer and packed my stuff up, sold the trailer out here.
Sad to see you leaving the sport, but totally understand wanting to be near family. Perhaps you'll get a few runs in at Boyne next season.

Go get that barn!

James

Out There
Instructor
Sorry to hear Kneale. Best wishes. You’d likely get offers for help, but these are dangerous times for interpersonal contact. Stay safe.

TS
Kneale Brownson

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
When I moved to Tahoe I bought an enclosed trailer and packed my stuff up, sold the trailer out here.
Sad to see you leaving the sport, but totally understand wanting to be near family. Perhaps you'll get a few runs in at Boyne next season.

Go get that barn!

Not leaving the sport, just the spot!! I may or may not teach for a Michigan hill, but I'll be skiing them, just like the 60-odd years before we moved to Breckenridge.

Looking, Dakine, within maybe 20-25 miles of Boyne Falls.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Trading mountains for hills, but what beautiful hills they are! It'll work and be a good change.

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
Yeah, I only recently (past two seasons) found out that slovenian hills aren't that bad for skiing either! Just not near enough but, not necessarily one needs a big mountain to enjoy the sport. All the best with the old/new life! Keep it up, Kneale.
M.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
You're not alone if your dog/cat/fish/hamster is there too!
Not leaving the sport, just the spot!! I may or may not teach for a Michigan hill, but I'll be skiing them, just like the 60-odd years before we moved to Breckenridge.

Congratulations ... I prefer to be upbeat than consider the loss of giant hills. From what I know upper Michigan has some rather nice hills.

Hope all works out well, heck, once settled and if you decide to instruct at a hill, let me know, I'll take a private for me or my kids. Be fun to hit Michigan for a try.

If in doing runs of household stuff and doing a stop in Iowa, say the Iowa City area for grub, I'll swing down and treat.

pete

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
Good luck Kneale. Hopefully there will be a Cherry Festival in Traverse City for you to visit soon.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Wishing all the best to you and Monique in this move and the next leg of your journey.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Keep us all posted on your adventures. You could do a lot worse than the Boyne country.

Your path is one we all take at some point, if we are lucky enough to get there.

Best of luck my digital friend.

Sponsor

Staff online