• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Movie Quotes to Ski Quotes

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Malice:

The question is, “Do I have a God complex?” Which makes me wonder if this…gaper, has any idea as to the kind of slopes one has to ski, to be accepted to a top ski school? Or if you have the vaguest clue about how talented someone must be to lead a demo team? I have an AIARE level 5 from Chamonix. I am board certified in aerials and ballet. I have been awarded citations from seven different racing organizations in New England and I am always sick on the slopes. So I ask you; when someone goes into that chapel and they fall on their knees and they pray to God that their wife doesn’t have a yard sale, or that their daughter doesn’t fall off the lift, or that their mother doesn’t suffer trauma from too much snowplowing, who do you think they’re praying to? Now you go ahead and read your bible, Jong. And you go to your church and with any luck you might even win the annual raffle. But if you’re looking for God, he was on lift number two, on January 17th, and he doesn’t like being second guessed. You ask me if I have a God complex? Let me tell you something: I am God.

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Malice:

The question is, “Do I have a God complex?” Which makes me wonder if this…gaper, has any idea as to the kind of slopes one has to ski, to be accepted to a top ski school? Or if you have the vaguest clue about how talented someone must be to lead a demo team? I have an AIARE level 5 from Chamonix. I am board certified in aerials and ballet. I have been awarded citations from seven different racing organizations in New England and I am always sick on he slopes. So I ask you; when someone goes into that chapel and they fall on their knees and they pray to God that their wife doesn’t have a yard sale, or that their daughter doesn’t fall off the lift, or that their mother doesn’t suffer trauma from too much snowplowing, who do you think they’re praying to? Now you go ahead and read your bible, Jong. And you go to your church and with any luck you might even win the annual raffle. But if you’re looking for God, he was on lift number two, on January 17th, and he doesn’t like being second guessed. You ask me if I have a God complex? Let me tell you something: I am God.
The difference between a ski instructor and God? God does not think (s)he is a ski instructor.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
The difference between a ski instructor and God? God does not think (s)he is a ski instructor.
I know a fisherman that says that on TV very frequently.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
From Avengers End Game

@Philpug : [About a picture of Tricia in a vintage ski kit] Tricia, I almost forgot, that suit did nothing for your ass.

@Tricia : No one asked you to look, Phil.

@Philpug : It's ridiculous.

@Andy Mink : I think you look great. As far as I'm concerned, that's SkiTalk's ass.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Good Will Hunting

Sean: [sitting in the base lodge taking boots off] Thought about what you said to me the other day, about my skiing. Stayed up half the night thinking about it. Something occurred to me... fell into a deep peaceful sleep, and haven't thought about you since. Do you know what occurred to me?

Will: No.

Sean: You're just a grom, you don't have the faintest idea what you're talkin' about.

Will: Why thank you.

Sean: It's all right. You've never been out of the Poconos.

Will: Nope.

Sean: So if I asked you about skis, you'd probably give me the dimensions of every ski ever produce. K2, you know a lot about them. Vashon production, Phil & Steve’s aspirations, marketing, big mountain, the whole works, right? But I'll bet you can't tell me what it smells like inside their team RV. You've never actually watched Ed Chase tune a ski; seen that. If I ask you about bindings , you'd probably give me DIN ranges of your personal favorites. You may have even mounted some. But you can't tell me what it feels like to click into a Pivot and feel truly happy. You're a tough kid. And I'd ask you about racing, you'd probably throw Alberto Tomba at me, right, “Two women a night before a race…” But you've never been near a World Cup race. You've never held your best friend's skis in your hands, watch him step looking to you for help. I'd ask you about tuning, you'd probably quote me all the wax temperatures. …And look at you... I don't see an intelligent, confident skier... I see a cocky, scared shitless grom. But you're a good skier Will. No one denies that. No one could possibly understand the depths of you. But you presume to know everything about me because you saw a post of mine on SkiTalk, and you ripped my life apart. You're a park rat right?

[Will nods]

Sean: You think I know the first thing about how hard your life has been, how you feel, who you are, because I did a spread eagle? Does that encapsulate you? Personally... I don't give a shit about all that, because you know what, I can't learn anything from you, I can't watch on some YouTube video. Unless you want to talk about you, who you are. Then I'm fascinated. I'm in. But you don't want to do that do you sport? You're terrified of what you might say. Your move, chief.

Sponsor

Staff online