• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mount point on Volkl Revolt 95?

Hankj

Out on the slopes
Skier
157cm skis
5'6 115lbs advanced 12 yo skier
All mountain skiing, not dedicated park/switch
Not driver of skis, flowy centered style
Has wider more "big mountainy" skis already
Revolts meant for groomers, spring, moguls etc

Factory mount point true center between tips

For all mountain skiers, one ski essentials guy says -3cm was favored by testers on 173 and 181 length skis.

The other ski essentials guy says his wife and another relative are on the 157s and 165s as primary all mountain skis and he recommends -6cm

I'm thinking -4 or -5cm?

What say ye?

Last edited:

Delicious

Glass Cranks
Skier
I know that you're not going to get a precise number from anyone(including me), but I would consider taking proportion into account here. 3cm on an adult ski with an adult boot size is not the same as 3cm on a Jr ski with a Jr boot size. The only reason that I feel inclined to respond to this is because 4-5cm seems like a mistake on such a short ski.
At some point, don't you feel like letting the ski "be the ski that it is?"

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
For his centered style and all mountain use, -3cm would be perfect as it still is a directional ski. You’d only go further back on longer versions with more traditional skier that really drives the skis.
At -3cm will still be very playful and stable.

TS
Hankj

Hankj

Out on the slopes
Skier
At some point, don't you feel like letting the ski "be the ski that it is?"
Sure. Everything I've read about this ski has said that it skis well both centered and set back depending on preference. I've read Philpug suggest -6cm on this ski.

For his centered style and all mountain use, -3cm would be perfect as it still is a directional ski. You’d only go further back on longer versions with more traditional skier that really drives the skis.
At -3cm will still be very playful and stable.

Thanks, helpful. I was wondering if shorter ski length + park-ish skiing style meant I should be on the shorter end of the setback recommendations.

Sponsor

Staff online