• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mount Point for new Enforcer 104 Free

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Missing my Enforcer 104s right now as the 187cm Menace 98 are a lot more work in tight moguls and rough off piste terrain. Brought the Menace 98s and a powder ski on a trip and wished I’d brought the Enforcers instead. Forgot how much off piste skiing I do when out west even on non powder days. Enforcer 104s are great for that!

TS
Decreed_It

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
Only time I noticed the mount point was when I got too fast while too tired and got on the tails too much. Luckily there was plenty back there to keep me upright, but could feel it. That's a technique problem though, not a ski problem.
I slept on this and have come to the realization (maybe I'm just imagining/rationalizing?) that the +1 actually helped when I got too back seat. 1 extra cm of tail . . . and they did seem to work better for me in tight, steep turns in bumps and trees when I inevitably get too back seat. Stupid brain.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
I slept on this and have come to the realization (maybe I'm just imagining/rationalizing?) that the +1 actually helped when I got too back seat. 1 extra cm of tail . . . and they did seem to work better for me in tight, steep turns in bumps and trees when I inevitably get too back seat. Stupid brain.

Again, you’re .3cm ahead of your old mount, so it’s the stiffer tail of the 104 you’re feeling more than the mount I bet. Might be slightly less forgiving of back seat skiing-keeps you more honest. And with the increased tail rocker, the 104 will pivot easier in the tighter spots.

TS
Decreed_It

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
Again, you’re .3cm ahead of your old mount, so it’s the stiffer tail of the 104 you’re feeling more than the mount I bet. Might be slightly less forgiving of back seat skiing-keeps you more honest. And with the increased tail rocker, the 104 will pivot easier in the tighter spots.
Ah, good points. I'm going to quit thinking about it and just ski per this sage advice:
Mount them and don't ever think about it again, just ski them and enjoy!
Nail meet head indeed.

Vive l'Enforcer!

locknload

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Glad to find a thread since I just purchased a new pair of 186 Enforcer 104s. My 3 yr old Enforcers I mounted at +1 and that seems like it might be the schwag for these as well!

Sponsor

Staff online