• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So who has a Season Pass or a Club Card to a Mid-A area for 17-18? BTW, welcome New York State to the Mid Atlantic.

Me: year 3 of the Timberline Not So Awesome Pass and early season discount at Canaan Valley.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
I had no luck with finding any reasonable priced season passes when living in MidAtlantic.

Got to go west, young man. I've had various passes for 6 years; Epic, MCP, Squaw etc of little use in East.

that being said, i could find midweek deals and midweek Senior deals.
Heck I'm now a certified old fart now likely to have free skiing at TL & CV !

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Ya, when I tried to convince myself that I'd be able to travel up to the mountains enough to justify looking at passes at places within 3 hours of my home the attraction quickly evaporated when I saw the blackout dates.. Every weekend in November from Thanksgiving, December, January, February through President's Day.. All the weekdays between Dec 24th and Jan 3rd, all no good with any pass whatsoever.. Thanks but no thanks..

I usually end up with 2-3 days at three places nearby and another 2-3 at BK or TL4S. Even without the blackout dates I'd have to just go to one to get my money out of a pass since they are all still competitors..

Dave Marshak

All Time World Champion
Skier
I got a Maxpass this year. Last year I had a Gore/Whiteface pass, but Maxpass is cheaper and it has 5 Gore tickets plus 5 WF, plus Killington and several other Eastern areas. I'm heading to Colorado mid-February, and my son has the Rocky Mountain Super Pass. I might get 20 or 30 days on my Maxpass.

Maxpass is perfect for me. I hope the Intrawest sale doesn't ruin it, but I'm sure it will.

dm

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
I have a Laurel Mountain pass with freebies and discounts to other regional resorts. On the 3rd year of my not so awesome T-Line pass which got 0 use last year because conditions were better at Laurel. I have PA Ski Area Association Dedicated Skier Pass unrestricted, transferable vouchers (24) good at over 20 PA ski resorts. Oh, I have the MCP but there are no Mid-A resorts available.

ksampson3

Giving 80% effort 100% of the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I live outside of DC and the season pass for the Whitetail/Liberty/Roundtop triumvirate is only $469 for me and $369 each for the wife and kids. I think that's a great deal. You also get 50% off of midweek prices at partner resorts. (However, I just checked the resort list for 2017/2018 and it's way fewer resorts than were offered in the past. I'm guessing due to the consolidation of the ski industry?)

TS
JohnL

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have a Laurel Mountain pass with freebies and discounts to other regional resorts. On the 3rd year of my not so awesome T-Line pass which got 0 use last year because conditions were better at Laurel. I have PA Ski Area Association Dedicated Skier Pass unrestricted, transferable vouchers (24) good at over 20 PA ski resorts. Oh, I have the MCP but there are no Mid-A resorts available.

We need to hook up for some turns at LM and BK this winter. Hopefully a better season than last. When I last skied LM in the mid aughts, it was a blast. It needs a lot of natty though. Both places are cheap enough that pass deals not essential, but charity is always accepted. LOL.

You may have another 0 - fer with the #notsoawesomepass. Some bad intel coming in from the usual suspect local sources. Call me at some point to discuss.

Glad some yinzers making the trek to Utah this year.

TS
JohnL

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
we got unlimited season passes to montage mtn (scranton, pa) for $299 (super early bird price). that's the best deal I have seen around here in a long time.

The lower section of Montage has some short but sweet terrain (for the Mid-A) Nice view of Scranton from the top - I like it though others seem to have a different opinion,

I may hit Montage again this year on the way up to CT for Xmas. I'll ping you if I do.

Sponsor

Staff online