• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mens bibs for shorter guys suggestions

cragginshred

Getting off the lift
Skier
I love outdoor research gear, shorts pants beanies ect. They have a killer pair of mens bibs on a labor day sale that I was ready to pull the trigger on then I asked my bud what size he wears who has a pair. He is almost 6' tall and saiys 'I wear a small' . I am 5-6" and there is no XS in the OR line of bibs that I know of.

What would you vertically challnged skiers do?

TS
cragginshred

cragginshred

Getting off the lift
Skier
I tried on my 5-10" buddies small pair of OR Hemeshere bibs and just by adjusting the shoulder straps bam they fit!!

Rod MacDonald

Getting off the lift
Skier
I had a stunning pair of bibs from Teton Brothers which were Japanese sizing , i.e short in the leg.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I love outdoor research gear, shorts pants beanies ect. They have a killer pair of mens bibs on a labor day sale that I was ready to pull the trigger on then I asked my bud what size he wears who has a pair. He is almost 6' tall and saiys 'I wear a small' . I am 5-6" and there is no XS in the OR line of bibs that I know of.

What would you vertically challnged skiers do?

Vertically challenged here and I use www.rainypass.com when I want something specific but they don't have the right length. I've had two pairs of Strafe pants shortened and I swear you'd never know it.

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sweet. How much did a hem on the Strafe pants cost?
The shell pants were $87 and the insulated were $124. The insulated pants have more layers/complexity.

For me it wasn't just just a matter of hemming. The bottoms have details that needed to be maintained so they removed a chunk of material from between the knee and above the scuff panel.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
FWIW, Im short in height but a bit large through the midsection (ahem...) 5'8" with a 36 inch waist.. RIght now one of my main ski pants is a women's XL.

Shawn

Beep beep
Skier
Currently going through this right now.

I'm 5'6.5" with a short inseam. A couple of us here are around this height. At any rate, I have to return a pair of Mammut Stoney HS Thermo pants that were too tight in the seat (48/ US 32), and too long in the legs. Found a great deal on them at CampSaver.

Will be on the lookout for pants and bibs offered in a short length.

By the way, these were insulated pants. What the heck was I thinking? I've spent the past 20 seasons in a bulletproof pair of Spyder shell pants and kinda felt like Ralphie's brother in a Christmas Story in the insulated pants. Or the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man in Ghostbusters. They looked fine but I definitely don't think I need that amount of warmth. Back to shell pants for me.

Prosper

This is the way.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Currently going through this right now.

I'm 5'6.5" with a short inseam. A couple of us here are around this height.
I’m 5’6” on a good day and have a pair of TNF Freedom insulated in medium short that work well for me. Just checked TNF website. Looks like they have both the Freedom insulated, uninsulated pants and uninsulated bib in short length in many colors which was not the case in the past.

Last edited:

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
A little late here, but just in case someone is still looking, Stio makes short versions of their Environ bib…which are really, really good, sturdy, well-designed britches (at least they were, I have a well-loved older pair from before this season’s redesign).

sparty

Out on the slopes
Skier
FWIW, I have a pair of Arcteryx bibs that are at least 15 years old now, but they are a "large - short" size and work well for someone who is vertically challenged. I think Patagonia does short versions of some of their pants, too, although actually finding a pair can be a challenge.

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have the opposite problem (long legs).
Also, besides inseam length, everyone has different proportions.

The best answer is custom made apparel.

I just got my jacket from ‘Made’ (worst brand name ever), waintg for the pants. They don’t do bibs, but they do do suspenders.

The other pair are my normal resort bibs, that I also use for winter touring, skating and outdoor work. I have are what I would call “low bibs”. Ie: high waisted pants, a bit higher in back and only suspenders, no belt option.
I got them from Cioch Direct. They are a small outfit, making it by hand, and will customize which ever way you want, including stuff not listed:

17A7DC27-F5D2-4480-95C6-A823A67D692C.jpeg

kauffee

Putting on skis
Skier
I'm 5'5". Last year I picked up the Mountain Hardwear Boundary Ridge Gore-Tex bibs in the short length and they're great. I've always been hardcore Arcteryx but the fit on these was better and a lot more pockets which comes in handy with all the kids-related stuff I'm now carrying. Also, quite a bit cheaper than the Arc bibs.

IMG_3236.jpeg

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I just ordered a pair of Stio Environ bib pants in short length. I tried on a pair at the new Public Lands in MA and they fit well but they didn’t have the short length available.

Jittery3

Putting on skis
Skier
I noticed Flylow offers some bibs in short, might be worth a look. Great bibs I hear, I just ordered a pair for myself is how I saw the short sizing they offered.

Sponsor

Staff online